cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any channels worth watching?

MSOLDN
Joining in

Now that CNN has disappeared, I’m going to put my useless Virgin Media Biggest Bundle channel package on ice, and use the 360 Box solely to access the Netflix, Amazon Prime, iPlayer, and YouTube apps. I’ll restrict my other news and sports viewing to my phone, which apparently is what the big media bosses are urging us to do anyway. Now that COVID restrictions have lifted, it’s much more fun to view the best new films that are showing down at the local Picturehouse cinema. Virgin Media is a telco providing “infrastructure”, not an aggressive content provider on the same level as Sky. 

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whether channels are worth watching is always going to be down to personal preference.

I’m old school and still enjoy TV broadcasts, and favour these over streaming. The 360 box will get there with time - bear in mind the system is still being developed and new apps will be added in time. There are always other factors at play such as licensing etc.

Sky may be a step ahead in terms of being first to add new features, but comparison-wise there’s not a huge difference in the channels being broadcast - Sky Atlantic would be the main difference. CNN will leave Sky eventually when their contract ends.

My favourite channels for content are Sky Witness and Sky Max (formerly Sky One). 

arrgee1991
Problem sorter

Some channels worth watching this month as they are in the basic TV package and won't cost any extra...

... Annika is exclusive to Alibi.

Between 2nd September and 1st October we’re opening up UKTV channels to you at no extra cost. For the whole month, you can enjoy Alibi (126 or 212), GOLD (124), W (125 or 211), Eden (245 or 247), and Dave HD (227) on us. You can watch UKTV shows live, or head over to Catch Up and Box Sets areas on your TV box to jump right in.