cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another failed evening

Steve1011
Joining in

Tv360 has just been a dreadful experience since the ‘upgrade’. It never works first time! 

Every evening it’s the same routine of turning the box off to even get access to the menus. It wipes recordings overnight. It is more awkward to use than the v6 box. On demand and recordings freeze every few seconds making programmes unwatchable. 

I ring up and get a message saying that there is an intermittent fault with my box which I need to monitor over the next 24 hours.  

But there is a permanent fault with Virgin and their ‘service’. I just do not have time to be on hold for another hour and a half time and again to try to get a resolution that is never forthcoming. 

where is that flyer for sky…? 

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Steve1011 wrote:

It wipes recordings overnight.

No functioning TV box should do this, yours may have a fault.

@Steve1011 wrote:

On demand and recordings freeze every few seconds making programmes unwatchable.

OnDemand issues could be connectivity related, recordings freezing could be hard drive issues.

Do you get any problems with live TV? How about if you pause live TV and watch it delayed?

I wouldn't bet against a hard drive problem in your case, although there's not enough evidence to say for certain.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steve1011
Joining in

So, new message today saying my recordings are full and I need to delete some before I can set anything else to record. Go to my recordings and it says that there is nothing recorded. 

my impression of tv360 is that it’s not very good. I should just be able to watch a programme without having to ring 150 or post a message here. I am no luddite but at least 30 years ago I could set recordings and watch them back. This new system is just a disaster! 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've merged your post with your previous thread.

Did you have a chance to test pausing your live TV as was previously suggested? That would help to ID if your box has potential issues with the hard drive - which your latest symptoms would also suggest.

Another check worth attempting is a reset - Home > Settings > System.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks