cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying message on screen

davet1
Tuning in

I keep getting the message "You can use the remote to control the volume and power off your XXX TV" popping up on the screen every couple of minutes. Most annoying. The XXX alternates between Sony and Samsung as I have a Samsung TV and  a Sony sound bar. Anyone know how I can get rid of it please? When I go into settings both TV and bar are paired with the remote and it does control the volume on the sound bar. If I turn the sound bar off (which I do not want to do) I still get the message. The sound bar is connected to the TV via a HDMI lead.

30 REPLIES 30

mrdoodaa
On our wavelength

I'm at a complete loss as to why people are pleased with a fix, ie replacing an hdmi cable for digital optical that removes a previously working function. no one button feature, no controlling volume with one remote. how is that a fix? it isn't, it is a step backwards.

on the up side, virgin have told me its s known issue which they are working on and will release an update. however its taking a looooooong time! 

We appreciate your frustration mrdoodaa, once an update is available we will let you know.

Rob

mrdoodaa
On our wavelength

soooooo

has there been a software update yet? 

Hi mrdoodaa, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

I don't believe there has been any software updates released over the last few weeks. What software version is your box currently on? 

Let us know and we can check if this is the latest one for you. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

mrdoodaa
On our wavelength

hi Kath 

you will see from my previous posts that the box was recently changed by an engineer i have no idea what software version it is.

I was told I would be informed when a fix is rolled out. I haven't been, so I assume there still isn't one! 

so I'm still being deprived of features I was supposed to and previously did get. I guess a complaint... again, is next.

@mrdoodaa wrote:

i have no idea what software version it is.

Press Home, Settings, Info,

What's new in version 4.3X

About; that will list hardware and software info

Latest version is 4.37

Hi @mrdoodaa, thanks for your post although I'm sorry things remain unsolved for you.

If you could kindly follow @roy247's instructions regarding this, you'll be able to see what software the box is on and hardware also.

I hope that helps!

Many thanks

Tom_W

mrdoodaa
On our wavelength

build version 4.37

software DCX960_-MON-PRD-00.03-129-FU-AL-20220201210001-NA004

hardware ARRIS-DCX960-MPA+

Thanks for coming back to us @mrdoodaa, this is the latest software version for the 360 at the moment. 

We dont have any updates as to when the next update will be available at this time.

Regards,

Steven_L

mrdoodaa
On our wavelength

well I don't know if that is an update on the software the box came with or not.  But last night I tried re connecting soundbar by swapping optical back to hdmi lead. so far annoying message hasn't re appeared... yet but not a real test yet. 

HOWEVER it now will not pair with Audio but will pair with TV. so not a complete restore back to what I had before

I'll update in a few days, or before if anything changes.