cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I the only one hating the new 360 box

Juicyjulie1
Joining in

What a huge disappointment Virgin, I thought upgrading to 360 was going to be an exciting move.

It seems to be a step backwards, it is crazy that you cannot create a profile that each person can record their own programme like the TiVo box, now you have to search through other persons recordings, to find your own, the mini box can’t pause live tv only for a few mins, if you delete a programme you can’t retrieve it.

In a world where technology is getting more creative, it’s for definite that Virgin has lost their way.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BeeVee
On our wavelength
It's the worst thing I ever did downgrading to this TV360 bag of poo. My old Tivo and V6 were reliable, this 360 fails to record so many times I give up.

I'd love my old TIVO and V6 back, TV360 sucks big time.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope. Many others too. But pointless raising any issues here as you’ll just be fobbed off. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think they compared 360 with Sky Q and made a decision to create something utterly [MOD EDIT: REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

roy247
Community elder

@Juicyjulie1 wrote:

the mini box can’t pause live tv only for a few mins, 

If the main 360 box is set to fast start or active start then if you want to pause for longer than 4 minutes on a mini box you press record, the reason the mini can't pause for longer is that it doesn't have a hard drive so just buffers in memory.

A deleted folder would be good so you can undelete accidentally deleted recordings.

BeeVee
On our wavelength
It's the worst thing I ever did downgrading to this TV360 bag of poo. My old Tivo and V6 were reliable, this 360 fails to record so many times I give up.

I'd love my old TIVO and V6 back, TV360 sucks big time.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It sounds like you had a V6 & a TiVo, and unfortunately in that scenario the TiVo is indeed swapped for an HDD-less mini.

It's too late for you now, but if you'd swapped your TiVo for a V6 initially, then both your boxes would now be 360-masters with hard drives.

The lack of an undelete function is inherent in the many differences between TiVo-software & 360-software, which are well-documented on here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks