cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All4 app

Jan_109
Joining in

I'm new to Virgin Media. I have a Virgin TV 360 box. I have seen answers from 6 months ago saying that the All4 app is only available on a different box and not the 360 box. Is this still the case please? If so, which box has the All4 app now?

Thanks in advance.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, there is still no All4 app but there is All4 material in Catch Up and On Demand.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The only VM-TV box to have the All-4 streaming app was, and still is currently, the V6.

That box ceased being available to new TV customers back in December 2020. The only way to get one now, is if you're an existing TiVo customer who has VM broadband and upgrades their TV service.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, there is still no All4 app but there is All4 material in Catch Up and On Demand.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The only VM-TV box to have the All-4 streaming app was, and still is currently, the V6.

That box ceased being available to new TV customers back in December 2020. The only way to get one now, is if you're an existing TiVo customer who has VM broadband and upgrades their TV service.

thrice
Superfast

A heads up to anyone waiting for the All4 app to arrive on the 360 boxes - it's now available.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

HI @thrice 

Thanks for the update.

It appeared on my 360 yesterday.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I understand that the All4 app on the 360 is in HD whereas the app on the V6 was only in SD. I will explore when I am near my TV this evening.

Hi @thrice thanks for your update.

Did you have time to test things?  If so, how have things been?
Regards

Lee_R

The app is a little sluggish to load but after that it works very well. The HD picture quality is excellent. This was disappointing (SD only) on the V6. I have subscribed to the All4+ option so that I no longer have to deal with those dreadful unskippable ads and I foresee using the app quite a bit - especially over the Christmas holiday. The All4 library is extensive. It took a time to arrive on the 360 boxes but was worth the wait, I think.