cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All4 and iPlayer not working

olympicadam
On our wavelength

Hi everyone, I’m using the latest software (new remote) and All4 and iPlayer have stopped working I’ve tried a number of things already but getting nowhere.

• Apps were working previously.
  • Netflix and Amazon still work.
  • Turned the box off (at the power).
  • Connection shows as strong.
  • Connected via Ethernet.
  • Been like this for a few days.
  • After trying to load the apps, the box goes slow and I often need to restart to watch anything.
10 REPLIES 10

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have the new remote, then you don't have a V6 anymore, now you have a 360. I've moved your post to the 360 board.

You've mentioned a couple of other streaming services working, so that's your internet connection proven ok.

What happens when you try to use the C4 or iPlayer apps? You've not said.- unless your reference to "the box goes slow" is the problem?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for moving.

when I open All4 sometimes it goes to the coloured 4 logo but no further. Other times just a black screen.

iPlayer shows the words iPlayer but never any further.

when I push home to go back, that’s when it will be slow, usually need to turn it off for it to go back to using guide and the working apps effectively.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @olympicadam,

Welcome back! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry for any issues caused.

Please can you tell me how it is for you today? I located your account using your forums details, but I do not see that you have contacted us since posting this.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do other 360 functions that use the internet, work ok? Trying an OnDemand programme directly from the guide is an excellent test of this.

And are you trying to watch on a 4K/UHD TV? That can also cause similar issues in some scenarios.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for getting back to me both!

I haven’t contacted Virgin directly since posting as this seemed the easiest place to get it fixed 🙂

• On demand/catch up features that run via Virgin work, for BBC, Channel 4, Channel 5, ITV (e.g festive gogglebox).
  • On demand features that open the app to play (on demand BBC shows that open iPlayer) do not (e.g. the apprentice). When pressing home to go back from the loading screens, the box sometimes freezes on the maroon screen and I have to turn it off.
  • Opening My5 direct does not work (sits on blue screen).
  • iPlayer direct does not work (either directly or via on demand).
  • All4 does not work.
  • ITV player does not work.
  • I use Netflix/Amazon daily with no issues.
  • Not a 4K/UHD TV.

Hi olympicadam, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and for expanding on the issues further. 

It's certainly a strange issue to have as some internet features are working and others are not. As there is no error message as such it is hard to narrow down where the issue could be. 

I'm inclined to think the box may be at fault since doing the upgrade but I can't be certain. Due to this I would like to book an engineer to come out to take a look at the box. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi olympicadam, 

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the fault as not being caused by our network/equipment 
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment so it is important to reschedule if needed. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi olympicadam, 

Thanks for coming back to via private message. As we're not swapping any account sensitive information, we can reply through the thread now 🙂

We're not able to give availability via the Forums as the appointment times can go quite fast so by the time you pick up the message and reply, it may have gone. 

If the appointment time in the text isn't suitable, please come back to me with 3 available dates and preferred timeslot from the below:

• Monday - Friday: 8am - 12pm, 12pm - 4pm and 4pm - 7pm
  • Saturday: 8am - 12pm and 12pm - 4pm

I will then be able to book you in for the first available of your choices. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi olympicadam, 

All sorted for you 🙂

It may take up to 24 hour to appear on your account but once on, you can reschedule if needed. 

Don't forget to update us on how the appointment goes. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team