cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All recordings gone? Past and future

GatchP
Tuning in

Yesterday virgin were working in the area, we had the text saying sorry for any disruption. 
when we went to watch something last night there were no recordings on the box at all (we've had it 12 months so it had lots on)

all future recordings, series links etc are also gone.

today I've had a message to say all work is complete in the area so just checked to see if things are back to normal but the box is still as if it's been fully reset.

Is there a way to

1. Get everything back? And 2. Make sure it doesn't happen again?

thanks in advance

G

7 REPLIES 7

roy247
Community elder

No way to get recordings back, I would say your box has a problem, you could try doing a factory reset and as you have no recordings and select the format hard drive option, the box may work for some time but if it does it again it will need swapping out.

The box is working normally, will allow me to record etc. It's as if it was updated as lost everything.

when we switched it on yesterday it said something about new vivo features (not to be confused with TiVo)

I find it all a bit of a coincidence that virgin were working in the area, there was an outage, and then this at exactly the same time?

roy247
Community elder

No area work that virgin do should wipe your hard drive and reset your box.

Hi @GatchP

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you experienced this with your TV box. We can understand the inconvenience caused and we want to best help. I have been able to access your account and I can see an appointment was booked with our team. Was our technician able to resolve this for you? Do you need any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sadly all the technician was told to do was replace the box. It's not his fault, and he was a really nice guy, can't fault him at all.

12 months of stuff on there, some of it which my two autistic kids would watch over and over again. Very disappointed 😔 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @GatchP,

I am sorry that this has happened.

Have you tried to see if they are on catch up? We would be unable to change this unfortunately.

Many thanks, 

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Some things are, some aren't, it's done now, but like I said, just disappointing.

The box was clearly reset, the engineer couldn't find fault with the box at all but swapped it anyway since he was there with a new box in his hand and everything was already lost anyway.

thanks all for your responses, I'm not dwelling on it, just looking into alternatives now as it's a lot of money to pay for something that can do this without any explanation.