cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All recordings deleted

claireappleby80
Joining in

All my recording on the memory box keep deleting. Any ideas why? This has happened 5/6 times now. There never seems to be a trigger. No powers cuts or interruptions with the Wi-Fi. They are all there one day and gone the next

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've posted in the TiVo forum, but referred to a "memory box" and also mentioned WiFi, which a TiVo doesn't have.

There's a photo of a TiVo box on this page - is that the TV box that you're having problems with, or is it something else?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Oops it’s a 360 box. I’ll see if I can get some help from the relevant page

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No need to repost - I've moved your thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you

Sounds like you will need a new box, you could try a factory reset and if you have no recordings select the option to format the hard drive.

You will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again, also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

You can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault or wait here for one of the forum team team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

I’ve tried a factory reset before and it’s still doing it. I’ll give the number a call tomorrow and see if I can report the fault. 
thanks for your help

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @claireappleby80 

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

DON'T press any buttons or you will go through a large series of fault tests that won't help, or you'll be direcged to the online help pages.

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hey @claireappleby80,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your TV box, I have looked into this and can see that you have an appointment booked in to get this issue resolved.

Please let us know, how the visit goes, if you get the chance to do so.

Regards,

Steven_L