cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All movies

Adhalliday
Tuning in

Is there a way to browse all the movies that I can watch on my subscription rather than the few which are highlighted. It was not an issue before 360, so why limit a subscriber now.

11 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

paul0363
Rising star

+1 on this.  There used to be an option for "All Movies" under Sky Movies.  That seems to have disappeared and now we only have genre selections, trending etc.  You can find a movie if you search (using the search option or voice search) but sometimes it's useful to be able to browse an A-Z list of everything if you're just looking for something to watch!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Yes, so access to a full list has gone. The categories do not include all available entries either. This means that you do not have visibility of everything you are paying for.

To me this is an inexcusable omission and must be rectified.

Doh glad I saw this post.

I have had 360 from about the start of the year and the 'ALL' feature for Sky Movies I can 100% confirm has been there before and I used it about a week ago. Over the months the 'ALL' feature does seem to appear and then disappear to then only reappear again - without any rhyme or reason. 

Just checking now though and the 'ALL' feature has disappeared again. As we have had it before when is it coming back Virgin Media and why does it disappear sometimes to only then come back a while later

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @noelgls,

Thanks for your post. I do know that since our 360 service is one of our newest developments, the team having been trialling various features on the platform. 

Whilst I can't confirm what plans are in store for this particular aspect with viewing the list of movies on offer, I can assure you that all feedback will be considered for future updates to the service.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

IMG_20210524_210343.jpg

 trialling? You should not have the option of showing 'all' films in a list as a trial and then make it disappear and then it comes back again and disappears again etc. That's not a trial, I would say more a glitch possibly.

O look what I have found in the UHD section, a way that I can see 'all' the UHD films.

Polite suggestion - either have 'all' in both the Sky Cinema and Sky Cinema UHD area or don't have it at all in either of the areas.

It's brilliant having 'all' so please get it in both areas

Thank you 

Noel 

Interesting post "missing sky cinema movies on demand" and the post "all movies" - seems to be that the issue of "all movies" not being shown as an option is a fault on the Sky Movies section and not as the Virgin Media Forum Team have said "we try different things, might be an option in the future and will take your feedback on board" (not their exact words)

Virgin Media please just get the fault fixed so all movies are listed and there is the "all" option back on Sky Cinema not just on Sky Cinema UHD

Thank you

Noel 

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey all,

Thanks for all your comments and apologies that this has been a frustrating aspect of the 360 service for you.

As I've mentioned, all your input on this will be passed on as feedback to the relevant team. I appreciate there are no immediate changes but unfortunately we do not have direct control over the software from here to be able to advise on how or when these might be, apologies for that.

Cheers,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Molly

Thank you, that's a better reply as it is honest and clear instead of the sometimes 'fluffy' replies

It is still very much a shame though that you don't have the contacts to be able to get us the answers we all need. 

To have an 'all' facility to see all the films was brilliant but then to have this disappear and then reappear is very frustrating.

Thank you

Noel 

Anonymous
Not applicable

The ability to browse all movies is still available, and in fact has never gone away!

Simply ignore the Movies category and, instead, go to Channels - which is two moves to the right.

When in Channels scroll down a page to Sky Cinema. There you are all 1,200 or so movies for your selection and moving markers to your Watchlist if you want.

Surprised this hasn't been offered as a solution before, it didn't go away, always been there !

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you are mistaken.

Provided you subscribe to the SkyCinema channels you don't have to pay extra for movies within the SkyCinema channel category.

Are you perhaps thinking of the SkyStore channel. When in Channels as I described scroll to Sky Cinema - all movies are there that are within the Sky Cinema channels.  They are not paid for - beyond the monthly subscription.

Thank you so very much to Walter Ego. That is amazing.Unfortunately this now shows up Virgin Media's customer service as awful as many people have found it.

1) Why did Virgin Media customer service not tell us about this option before?

2) As the option that WalterEgo found is available then why did Virgin Media customer service say " 'all' is not an option but we will feedback and always trying to improve the services we offer" (not the exact words but very similar)

3) As we now know there is an 'all' option then why not also have it listed in the 'movies' area where it used to be and not just in 'channels'

Hopefully one of the moderators might give us a decent answer soon. Fingers crossed Noel

18 REPLIES 18

paul0363
Rising star

+1 on this.  There used to be an option for "All Movies" under Sky Movies.  That seems to have disappeared and now we only have genre selections, trending etc.  You can find a movie if you search (using the search option or voice search) but sometimes it's useful to be able to browse an A-Z list of everything if you're just looking for something to watch!

Yes, so access to a full list has gone. The categories do not include all available entries either. This means that you do not have visibility of everything you are paying for.

To me this is an inexcusable omission and must be rectified.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Adhalliday and @paul0363,

Many thanks for you recent posts and sorry to hear of the issue with how movies are presented on the 360 services.

Whilst you are correct and at the moment this is not possible, we are always looking for feedback on how to improve things. I will happily pass this on to our 360 team as your comments are useful to know how these changes have been received. 

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

Doh glad I saw this post.

I have had 360 from about the start of the year and the 'ALL' feature for Sky Movies I can 100% confirm has been there before and I used it about a week ago. Over the months the 'ALL' feature does seem to appear and then disappear to then only reappear again - without any rhyme or reason. 

Just checking now though and the 'ALL' feature has disappeared again. As we have had it before when is it coming back Virgin Media and why does it disappear sometimes to only then come back a while later

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @noelgls,

Thanks for your post. I do know that since our 360 service is one of our newest developments, the team having been trialling various features on the platform. 

Whilst I can't confirm what plans are in store for this particular aspect with viewing the list of movies on offer, I can assure you that all feedback will be considered for future updates to the service.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

IMG_20210524_210343.jpg

 trialling? You should not have the option of showing 'all' films in a list as a trial and then make it disappear and then it comes back again and disappears again etc. That's not a trial, I would say more a glitch possibly.

O look what I have found in the UHD section, a way that I can see 'all' the UHD films.

Polite suggestion - either have 'all' in both the Sky Cinema and Sky Cinema UHD area or don't have it at all in either of the areas.

It's brilliant having 'all' so please get it in both areas

Thank you 

Noel 

Adhalliday
Tuning in

I don't think that a list of all movies is currently available from sky, certainly not on the app. Is this the reason it is not available from virgin, because you are simply duplicating sky?

Also perhaps you should have moderators making sure that all films in a class are listed. Under scifi, you don't have the full set, ad an example. That way having the all option is less important.

I wonder if the issue is the number of movies in an all list, perhaps its too big for the software to deal with. If so, the software needs improving. If its an editorial decision, I honestly think its a bad one.

Interesting post "missing sky cinema movies on demand" and the post "all movies" - seems to be that the issue of "all movies" not being shown as an option is a fault on the Sky Movies section and not as the Virgin Media Forum Team have said "we try different things, might be an option in the future and will take your feedback on board" (not their exact words)

Virgin Media please just get the fault fixed so all movies are listed and there is the "all" option back on Sky Cinema not just on Sky Cinema UHD

Thank you

Noel