cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Recordings Have Disappeared

Lissa999
Joining in

All my recordings have disappeared since last night!  I had recorded the latest series of Killing Eve and Peaky Blinders and was going to start them tonight and they’ve gone 🤬. They were there last night, I have also noticed I’ve been kicked out of Netflix since last night and had to login again so something has happened.  Has there been an update today?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Lissa999, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community although I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your recordings not showing on your box. 

Checking things this end, I can see that the box is having an issue with pro-longed downstream power level issues. The input levels are also too low. We won't be able to fix this remotely so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Community elder

An update doesn't usually cause this, latest software rolling out is 4.39, I am still on 4.37, (there is no 4.38 ?). It sounds like your box is failing, you can try doing a factory reset and if you haven't got any recordings select the format hard drive option, you do get 2 options 1) keep your recordings, 2) format the hard drive.

If you do this and the the box deletes everything again then you will need to call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, either mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, or you can come back and wait for a forum team member to pick this up which can be a few days.

Edited to say: You will have to sign in again to your apps again.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Lissa999, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community although I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your recordings not showing on your box. 

Checking things this end, I can see that the box is having an issue with pro-longed downstream power level issues. The input levels are also too low. We won't be able to fix this remotely so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Lissa999, 

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the fault as not being caused by our network/equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment so it is important to reschedule if needed. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

I have logged in but there are no appointments showing?

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Lissa999, 

I am sorry to hear this was not confined. I will pop you over a PM and let you know when it was booked for.

Zoie 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for messaging me Lissa999, 

Great to hear the tech has been and all went well 🙂

Please keep us posted on how you get on!

Zoie