cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advert when turning on 360

davorg
Up to speed

I turned on my 360 box this evening to be presented with this monstrosity.

PXL_20210816_172419734_sm.jpg

I'm going to get very grumpy if VM thinks they can throw random ads at me each time I turn on the box. Hopefully, there's an opt-out setting somewhere that I just haven't found yet.

@davorg
Former Cable & Wireless and ntl customer
11 REPLIES 11

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Get used to it. 
Easy enough to ignore and dismiss.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

arnie_oli
Up to speed

Have to agree... it's awful. Would like an opt out.

Have the Sony soundbars you could win been tested for audio sync problems with the 360 ?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@roy247 wrote:

Have the Sony soundbars you could win been tested for audio sync problems with the 360 ?

rolf.gif I hope so.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

deans6571
Wise owl

@davorg wrote:

I turned on my 360 box this evening to be presented with this monstrosity.

PXL_20210816_172419734_sm.jpg

I'm going to get very grumpy if VM thinks they can throw random ads at me each time I turn on the box. Hopefully, there's an opt-out setting somewhere that I just haven't found yet.

…..holy moly - that’s one reason right there to NOT upgrade to the 360. 

V6 does not throw up random ads that fill the whole screen (as per above screen shot) so why in the world does the 360 do this??

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@deans6571 wrote:

V6 does not throw up random ads that fill the whole screen (as per above screen shot) so why in the world does the 360 do this??

The TiVo and V6 boxes have the promo / info boxes at the top of the Home menu in addition to the message system. There isn't a similar place in the menu on the 360 box.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Welcome back to the community @davorg and thanks for taking the time to post here on our forums. 

Unfortunately there is no way to stop the advert opening once you turn on the 360 box, if you press any button to remove the advert, as advised on the screen when it opens.

Regards,

Steven_L

@Steven_L wrote:

Unfortunately there is no way to stop the advert opening once you turn on the 360 box, if you press any button to remove the advert, as advised on the screen when it opens.

Hi Steven,

Yes, I'd worked all of that out for myself.

Could you please get an option for that added to the list of things to fix in 360 (but it's nowhere near as important as getting all the missing series link features back).

Dave...

@davorg
Former Cable & Wireless and ntl customer

Hi Dave,

We're always looking for ways to improve our services so I can certainly pass on your feedback.

Thank you

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs