The opening Ad is not dismissing

ive turned the box on and off several times

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The opening advert on what?

What are you trying to watch? How are you trying to watch it? What devices are you using?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The opening advert on what?

What are you trying to watch? How are you trying to watch it? What devices are you using?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

The Advert when starting the TV box is not dismissing, I’ve turned the box off several times. The remote is working as it changes the volume

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I suspect you're talking about a TV360 box - but can you look at the pictures on this page and confirm which box you have?

I've moved your post to the 360 section of this forum on the assumption you do.

Yes 360

at the moment I’d give it 1 out of 360

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Veryveryveryann 

The large onscreen advert should disappear if you press any button on the 360 remote, as indicated at the bottom of the screen.

It's possible your remote either needs new batteries, has frozen, or needs pairing again even though the volume keys are working.

My remote sometimes freezes and a few shakes of the remote gets it working again.

.Pressing and holding the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds will factory reset the TV 360 remote. You could also try removing the batteries and put them back in.

If the remote appears to have stopped working make sure the the power saving mode setting is on Fast Start (you can do this by downloading and using the TV Go app)

How to pair the TV 360 remote with your TV

If you need to pair the TV 360 remote with the TV to control volume, source or power

To pair the remote press Home > Settings > Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > Press OK then  Pair TV and follow the on screen instructions

You can also pair the 360 remote by holding down the 'TV' button and '0' button together until the Standby button starts to flash.

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

HendricksR
Joining in

There used to be an issue where the ads would freeze on opening that you would have to force close but this is the first time I’ve heard of ads that won’t close after playing. This luckily is most likely the ad providers issue. The devs no longer visit this subreddit and this is the last version of the game that will be released.

Hi @Veryveryveryann

Happy New Year!

Do you still have the issue of the ad freezing? Or has the above steps helped in resolving your issue?

All the best for the New Year,

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley