cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to SD channels

gs030d1651
Joining in

Hi,

I've recently moved from V6 to 360. However the SD versions of some channels are no longer available. I know about the show best version, however some channels, notably Sky Sports sometimes start to break up, and on my v6 box I would switch to the equivalent SD channel and all would be fine, I'd rather have less definition but no breakup!

Is there a way to force selection of the SD channel?

5 REPLIES 5

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
No, there isn't a way sorry.

You shouldn't ever get any HD breakup. If you do there is a likely signal issue that needs fixing.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

That's disappointing, it mainly happens on channel 504, if the cricket is also on main event or mix they don't suffer the same issues, nor, annoyingly, do adverts on 504

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sky Sports Cricket HD shares a broadcast mux with Sky Comedy HD, TLC HD, Eurosport 2 HD & Quest HD. If you subscribe to movies, Sky Family HD is also carried on this mux along with Cartoon Network HD, Sony TV HD, France 24 & Zee.

A signal issue is likely to therefore affect all the above channels, but others may be less affected or not at all. If a reboot does not fix then call faults & get it looked at, as a situation like this can only deteriorate over time.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the info, I don't really use any of those channels so I will do so and see if they exhibit the same issues

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @gs030d1651

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Have you managed to speak to our team around this issue already?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs