cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4k TV & TV 360 & Fire Stick 4k…?

LAC7126
Joining in

Hi All,

Question please re which one is best and whether I still need the Fire Stick 4k. 

I have a Sony 4k TV. This has Netflix and Prime Video apps etc. 

I have an Amazon Fire Stick 4K so again can access Netflix and Prime Video etc. 

I have a Virgin 360 box which should obviously give 4k and I can access Netflix & Prime Video etc. 

So:

Which will give the best 4k streaming / TV experience for say Netflix and Prime Video? The TV, the Fire Stick 4k or the 360 box?

Depending on the answer to the question above, is the Fire Stick 4k needed?

Many thanks in advance. 

11 REPLIES 11

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Roger_Gooner 

Have you gone into the iPlayer Settings on your V6 (also on 360 boxes)?

You should then see the screen with the option of trying out new features in iPlayer BETA. Clicking on that brings up a further screen where you can either play the UHD test loop or change to iPlayer BETA.

The following page shows which programs are in UHD on the iPlayer, along with a link to supported devices.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/questions/features/uhd-connected-tv/#/Notification 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I've tried everything to get iPlayer UHD, and I believe that it either isn't being streamed to me or there is a fault with the V6. Fortunately my Now TV 4K box, no longer on sale BTW, does provide iPlayer UHD.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection