4.40 update

roy247
Community elder

Ziggo update info to 4.40 

Not always applicable to the UK

7 REPLIES 7

Ronald258
Joining in

Did you manage to solve your problem because I have the same problem.

What problem ?

How many months behind are VM in updates?

Nothing in that 4.40 update is even remotely exciting nor will it make any differences.

🙄

@deans6571 wrote:

Nothing in that 4.40 update is even remotely exciting nor will it make any differences.

🙄

Maybe not exciting I agree, but it looks like someone is listening to the complaints about subtitles and the split recordings and appear to have done something about them, as well as the low battery warning's even when they aren't low.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @deans6571 

VMO2 don't always get the same updates as the Dutch, or at the same time. In fact we've had some updates  before the Dutch Ziggo boxes have received theirs, and we completely missed out the 4.38 which they received. We already had most of that and the rest was incorporated in our 4.39 update

VMO2 stagger the updates over a number of weeks, and we generally see a few posts from the early adapters a good 2 or 3 weeks before the general rollout begins. Checking my records the earliest VMO2 update to 4.39 was on 30th March, I received mine on 20th April.

This 4.40 update (if we receive it) should prevent a few complaints.

Better handling of programs that are split
Sometimes a program is split into two parts when another short program comes in between. When recording these programs, not always both parts were recorded. That has now been resolved. Even though a program is shown in two parts in the TV guide, you will see one complete recording in your recordings.

Also, looking at the subtitle screenshots, the new version (should we receive it) now has a clear background and the text appears to be slightly more towards the bottom of the screen. Again that may help some people that complain about subtitling, although that's really an empirical experience, and what's best for one isn't best for others. I don't see VM or the braodcasters ever getting this right for everybody, although a choice between different formats of subtitling would be nice.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ronald258 wrote:

Did you manage to solve your problem because I have the same problem.

@Ronald258 

If you have a service problem, please start a brand-new thread and detail it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks