cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.39 arrives in Burnley area

RayW2
Dialled in

I see this morning that version 4.39 has now aived here, replacing 4.37 ...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

You could try doing a factory reset on the mini box, no recordings to worry about losing, you will just need to sign in again to any apps you use on the mini box, iPlayer, Netflix etc.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

23 REPLIES 23

RayW2
Dialled in
Interestingly the 360 mini box remains om 4.37 though.

Is that normal (or should it have also updated) ?

roy247
Community elder

Try turning the mini box off and on with the switch on the back.

No joy I'm afraid. It did reboot and go through the welcome screen, but it still says 4.37 😞

I'll try it again lster and see if it manages it later on ...

roy247
Community elder

You could try doing a factory reset on the mini box, no recordings to worry about losing, you will just need to sign in again to any apps you use on the mini box, iPlayer, Netflix etc.

Success! Thanks for that. it reset and installed 4.39.

Obviusly it must have miaaes it overnight (for some reason), I also seem to have a Virgin 360 promo channel now - which I don't recall seeing previously.

Much appreciated ...

--

Ray

GazzaWill
On our wavelength

We also got this update this morning. (West London)

Does anyone know what is in this update? I see no change to my TV Service. No new apps nothing.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The only thing that seems to have been noticed so far is the ability to set series records to New Only.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ernie_C wrote:

The only thing that seems to have been noticed so far is the ability to set series records to New Only.

There are also some changes to the audio output options to make it clearer what the options are and which one to pick.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

My 360 updated this morning, here are the changes I noticed.

Settings > Audio & Video > Audio output has been updated and now has the following three options:-

Follow Content
PCM 5.1 (HDMI only)
PCM 2.0
Choose whether you want the audio output to follow the quality of the original content (Dolby Digital where available) or to be converted to PCM 2.0 (stereo) or PCM 5.1 (uncompressed multi channel sound). Using PCM settings may resolve audio sync issues. Netflix will always follow content. (screenshot below)

Also under Settings > Saved > Recorded > See all is a new option New Episodes Only

Select a saved program title eg Peacemaker > Click on the edit icon > Record > (options) All from series 1 and onwards > Series 1, Ep1 and onwards > All from series 1 only > All from series 1 and onwards > New episodes only

Here's another one where I've just performed a recording but there are no known future recordings due.

Saved > Recordings > See all > Select a program title eg Doctor Who >
Record > episode of Sun 17 Apr and onwards > > All from series 5730000 only > All from series 5730000 and onwards > New episodes only > All available episodes

new audio settingsnew audio settings

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali