cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 with no hard drive

Mcmadjock1
Joining in

I’ve just upgraded to a 360 box from TiVo. The box they sent me works but has no hard drive so I can’t record. I’ve contacted them and they’ve sent me another two mini boxes which look exactly the same. Is the normal 360 box bigger than the minis and if not how can I tell other than plugging them in if they have a hard drive installed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

The 360 main box with hard drive is twice the height of a mini box.

roy247_1-1665833089880.jpeg

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

roy247
Community elder

The 360 main box with hard drive is twice the height of a mini box.

roy247_1-1665833089880.jpeg

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

It's a shambles, might be best to get VM to send round a tech with a 360 and take away the three minis.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Thanks. It now appears I have thee mini boxes.on the phone again….

Old TiVo boxes are usually swapped out for mini boxes when part of a multiroom setup and this is possibly where the confusion is especially if you have spoken to offshore agents. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In hindsight you'd have been better to upgrade your 3 x TiVo to 3 x V6, and then if you wanted to convert to TV360, you'd have 3 x master boxes.

But yes, you should at least have been sent 1 x master plus 2 x minis. I'm quite surprised VM's systems have allowed this, even if the agent who processed the order didn't realise.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Mcmadjock1, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you've not received a box with a hard drive when switching to TV 360. And sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing your household.  I would love to take a closer look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mcmadjock1, thanks for getting back to me privately.  
This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Please bear in mind, you can manage your account from here. Your online account, will give you access to your bills, show your package details, diagnose any possible faults and monitor any orders and appointments you may have. 
Regards
Lee_R