cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 with Harmony remote

jonathans2
Joining in

Has anyone had any luck getting a Harmony hub-based remote to talk to the new 360 box? Looks to me like the new remote is bluetooth not IR, so the 'teach commands' functionality doesn't work. I think that Harmony does have bluetooth, but no idea how you'd go about pairing it etc.

73 REPLIES 73

htatla
On our wavelength

Yes my Logitech Harmony hub remote does this 

Works via direction arrow - hit left/right for the 10/30 sec jumps 

It seems that using Ziggo Media Box, none of the buttons on the Harmony will wake the 360 from sleep, apart the power toggle  (unlike the V6). 

I have ‘Powe On’ as a start up command but it does not seem to work. I have set the 360 to always on and the sleep timer on the box to 24 hours to minimise the inconvenience of hitting power toggle manually. 

I can confirm that using human 1008 vm works better than the previous suggestion, as the Harmony hub can turn the VM360 box on and off. Still no Profile button or quick link to the subtitles on/off option but slowly getting there!

Hi 

Does this choice of device show favourite channels on the harmony remote? I found the previous choice didn’t allow any favourite channels to be stored on my Harmony elite remote which is most annoying!

Hi
Have my Harmony Ultimate and Harmony hub set up as Ziggo Media Box Next and have favourite icons set up and displayed no problems, might try to set the TV30 box up as a Humax 1008 as mentioned earlier in thread to see if any differences

Thanks. Have set it up with the alternative Humax device and all the favourites with the logos now appeared! 
Would be great to have a shortcut to the profiles, but one step at a time I guess. 

htatla
On our wavelength

Hi there 

im assuming this is Humax EOS 1008C?

does this method allow mapping any of the missing buttons on Ziggo box? (Subtitles shortcut and info, last channel etc)

Thanks

@mango276 - wait, so you're actually getting channel icons to the app!?

Yes - I had to run a fresh set up on my harmony. When I chose my region, it allowed me to add my favourites and the logos appeared

CamiVM
Joining in

I have managed to bring up the "Favourites" page on my Harmony after setting up the 360.

On the Harmony iOS app, top left option (3 lines / menu / hamburger icon) - Harmony Setup - Add/Edit Devices & Activities - Favourites 

I was then able to associate my existing favourites with the newly created Activity.