cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 with Harmony remote

jonathans2
Joining in

Has anyone had any luck getting a Harmony hub-based remote to talk to the new 360 box? Looks to me like the new remote is bluetooth not IR, so the 'teach commands' functionality doesn't work. I think that Harmony does have bluetooth, but no idea how you'd go about pairing it etc.

73 REPLIES 73

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Has to be ziggo media box next  not just ziggo, but my harmony just worked first time, it shouldn't make any difference what one you have

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Mine working fine as well, haven’t customised or mapped any buttons yet. 

(New remote is not bad though and voice control can be handy. 360 remote is mapped to my Arcam processor volume - but as it out of sight I don’t think I can get it to work without a separate IR repeater).  

I had to map my volume controls using the learn function on the harmony but after mapping them it works fine

This is awesome. Thanks for info. Any idea how to program the Harmony Hub remote (I have an elite) with the V360 ‘profile’ signal, so I can swap between my and the kids profiles, like the side button on the 360 remote? I’ve tried programming a missing signal, but it doesn’t learn when I press the remote. 

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I don't think the side button can be mapped

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Does anyone know if the 360 Remote is IR or RF? I've got it added as a Viggo Mediabox which mostly work, the TV button on the 360 Remote is also the "last Channel" button so I was looking to remap it to my Harmony but the Harmony Hub and the remote both dont seem to pick it up?

htatla
On our wavelength

Believe it’s Bluetooth as it requires “pairing” with Box to operate 

I couldn’t program ‘last viewed’ or ‘Help’ buttons either using my harmony and setting up as Media box next as the device 

Awaiting mine arriving to play with remote mapping. Has anyone tried with Arris DCX960 instead of Ziggo? Not sure it would give any extra options just a thought lol

Mmm013
Joining in

Is there any form of remote control I can use or program with the V360 with an 8-second rewind button but particularly also with a 30-second forward skip button. I have a disability that affects my voice so cannot use the voice activation of the smart remote.

Actually hold up, if you search for Humax 1008, it seems 1008R-HDD-VM has now been added. Can't test myself yet