cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 with Harmony remote

jonathans2
Joining in

Has anyone had any luck getting a Harmony hub-based remote to talk to the new 360 box? Looks to me like the new remote is bluetooth not IR, so the 'teach commands' functionality doesn't work. I think that Harmony does have bluetooth, but no idea how you'd go about pairing it etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

yup mine works perfectly, it needs to set up as a Ziggo Mediabox Next  

Harmony remotes only send out IR commands, but they work with the 360, in some respects better as the stop buttons works and you can have a button that takes you right to my shows, I also used the skip button to add a macro that sends play and skips back 30 seconds like the play after ff on the tivo used to do

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

73 REPLIES 73

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

yup mine works perfectly, it needs to set up as a Ziggo Mediabox Next  

Harmony remotes only send out IR commands, but they work with the 360, in some respects better as the stop buttons works and you can have a button that takes you right to my shows, I also used the skip button to add a macro that sends play and skips back 30 seconds like the play after ff on the tivo used to do

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
this is very clever!

I'd love to know how you discovered that would work - but yes, it does indeed work, thank you!

I’m sorry but I have absolutely no idea to perform the task you suggest 😳

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@yowfailed wrote:

I’m sorry but I have absolutely no idea to perform the task you suggest 😳

You need to be more specific 

htatla
On our wavelength

Hi I have Logitech Harmony hub and the (basic) Companion remote

thanks for the tip re: adding TV 360 as “Ziggo Next” DVR box - this worked a great as I was worried I had ruined my setup and would need to rely on the 360 remote!

the only 2 buttons I could not map from the 360 remote were “TV” (found right of Home) and the “Context” button (3 dots found above channel up)

I can live with losing “TV” but it appears that “Context” gives shortcut to Subtitles which is a quite important for me and others I’m sure 

Any tips for how to program these 2 outstanding buttons on Harmony?

thanks

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you press the info button you can see the audio and subtitles option to the left, or you can set subtitles for each profile 

htatla
On our wavelength

Thanks for the tip will check it out 

may also be able to program that sequence using harmony too

Not doubting this doesn’t work (choosing Ziggo media box next) but I can’t get it to work with my harmony ultimate one. Do I need to completely remove all connected devices form the harmony hub and set up fresh? I selected Ziggo , removed TiVo device; but Ziggo just doesn’t have any interaction with the box when you run the automatic test. Any idea where I might be going wrong?. Do I need to then custom add buttons or something? Sorry , just a bit lost.😳