cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360, why should I upgrade?

ch4rch
On our wavelength

Virgin keep calling me and trying to get me to upgrade and take the 360 box/software. I've asked this before but 360 was quite new. It's been around a while now so I would like to know if anyone can tell me the benefits to upgrading to 360 Vs my current TiVo V6. I have 2 boxes currently both in use and recording. My primary use is sport F1 and football where I tend to over record by 3 hours to cover anything that might happen. I understand that 360 will only allow 1 box to record (both boxes are hard wired to my LAN), Only has 1 universal over record setting (I don't want the 3 hours after bake off) and it doesn't have quick view which gets me to bed much earlier after catching up on a Sundays sport. I like having the new thing, I like to try new features with all tech but so far I'm really struggling to see anything that benefits me.

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First, one part of your understanding is only partly correct - the recording bit. Any new installs to 360 do indeed have only one master box with an HDD, and additional boxes are minis without HDDs... if you're converting existing V6, the HDD's are retained and you can record on all boxes.

That said, nothing substantial has changed since when you asked back in June - there was another thread in August here in a similar vein, but...

If you're happy with V6, then no-one's going to force you to to voluntarily convert to 360 and I'd probably treat repeat calls in the same way as any other telesales call. A conversion is completely voluntary, and whilst many people are quite happy with the new software, there's many others who are declining the option and remaining on TiVo/V6 for now.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ch4rch
On our wavelength

Thanks for the reply and the pointed out thread is very helpful. You have confirmed my thoughts that there seems to be zero advantage to downgrading to 360.