cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 video and sound drop out intermittent

davidjill2018
Dialled in

Every time I record a programme constant intermittently loose video and sound for 1-2 seconds 

any thoughts ? 

thanks 

30 REPLIES 30

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @davidjill2018, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear you had some services issues this weekend. I've taken a look into this today and can see there is currently work being done in the area that's estimated to be resolved by 4PM today. If you're still having problems by tomorrow please let us know we'll be happy to check for another update on this for you

Tom 

Thanks Tom,

It's a strange fault every evening  twice maybe three times Video and sound just disappear for 4-5 secs max and thats it all fine for rest of evening.

Will monitor over next few days and update.

Thanks

David

Hi David, 

Thank you for your reply. 

We just wanted to check in and see how the service has been since your last post to us? 

Has there been any improvements?

Nat

Hi Natalie 

The whole block of appartments lost complete connection yesterday 3-4 times between 11-16:00 

Assume this was planned maintenance and service restored around 16:00

However the original issue of Video and Audio random drop out for 2-3 seconds still occurred last night a couple of times. So not sure if it’s signal, hub or 360 issues? We also reset Hub just in case ? 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@davidjill2018 wrote:

However the original issue of Video and Audio random drop out for 2-3 seconds still occurred last night a couple of times. So not sure if it’s signal, hub or 360 issues? We also reset Hub just in case ? 

Is this happening on.... live TV? OnDemand? Streaming apps? Recorded programmes?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Only noticed it when playing a programme on demand, generally first 10 minutes in, then fine after that 

davidjill2018
Dialled in

Help 

I want to remove 360 and go back to old system. Nothing but random issues and awful lip sync. Spent a lot of money on surround speakers and TV and Virgins fix is switch of Dolby Digital ! 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@davidjill2018 wrote:

I want to remove 360 and go back to old system.

If by "old system" you mean TiVo/V6, then you can't. A conversion from TiVo/V6 to 360 is irreversible, a one-way-trip.

Have you looked over this thread for possible answers?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi thanks for response. Re TiVo and 360

Yes re the thread about sync just confirms that a software fix is required from Virgin. The Virgin box and my surround system all worked fine with no sync issues prior to upgrade to 360 !