cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 upgrade

funtime10
Joining in

I recently just upgraded to Virgin 360. I currently have the V6 box. Today I received my new remote along with my additional mini box to replace my second box which is a TiVo box.  I was told I would be able to go into my V6 box and select the option to select “upgrade to Virgin 360 now” however this option is not available and also not in the apps section? Despite long calls and web chats with the support team, no one has been able to assist. I’ve paid £35 for this upgrade which has not happened f increased my month payment to get extra channels which I cannot watch! Any ideas what I can do next, do I need an engineer to come out and sort this out? Please someone help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

Hi funtime10,

I believe the upgrade app might arrive a few days after the remote.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Community elder

Hi funtime10,

I believe the upgrade app might arrive a few days after the remote.

Thanks for this, did you experience this also?

@funtime10 wrote:

Thanks for this, did you experience this also?

No when I went V6 to 360 the only option was to swap 2 V6 boxes for a 360 and a mini, the software upgrade wasn't available, my answer was based on previous posts on here.

Edited to say, that if you don't receive the software update come back and update this thread.

deans6571
Wise owl

@funtime10 wrote:

I recently just upgraded to Virgin 360. I currently have the V6 box. Today I received my new remote along with my additional mini box to replace my second box which is a TiVo box.  I was told I would be able to go into my V6 box and select the option to select “upgrade to Virgin 360 now” however this option is not available and also not in the apps section? Despite long calls and web chats with the support team, no one has been able to assist. I’ve paid £35 for this upgrade which has not happened f increased my month payment to get extra channels which I cannot watch! Any ideas what I can do next, do I need an engineer to come out and sort this out? Please someone help!

As already mentioned, it can take a few days before you'll see this option on your V6 TiVo (it should appear in the Home Menu - the last option in the list).

Also, I hope you have done your research on the 360 - bare in mind the following:

• You'll lose everything when you update - series links, recordings, Wishlists, the lot!
  • There's no going back to TiVo once your box updates to the 360 software.
  • The functions of the 360 software are different to the TiVo so don't expect it to do the same exact things.
  • Its not an 'upgrade' - its just different software!
  • The 360 remote is a 100% improvement though over the peanut remote of the TiVo.

Enjoy!

😉

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @funtime10 

It's possible that the upgrade app hasn't yet been pushed to the box over the air but may appear when  you either reboot the V6 or when it next reconnects to the internet which is approx every 6 hours.

Try rebooting or forcing the reconnection.

To force an internet reconnection go to Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect to the Virgin Media Service now

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you're also keeping your multiroom box, this will be hardware swapped for a mini-360 that doesn't have its own hard drive.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the SW drop isn't pushed to the V6 until your mini-box is delivered.

This is one (of a few) reasons why, ideally, you'd have upgraded your TiVo to a V6 first, and then SW-converted both.

@funtime10 wrote:

increased my month payment to get extra channels which I cannot watch!

Your package change is a separate thing to your choice of SW conversion, however this one transaction now has 3 separate elements..

1: The package change

2: SW conversion of V6 > 360

3: HW swapout of TiVo to mini-360

It's entirely possible that all elements have been bundled together and won't complete until they all complete.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks