cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 upgrade not working

Fedup123456
Tuning in

I have my remote for 360 and when I select the upgrade option it tells me upgrade is not available and error code MA1/1/404

I called and spoke to tech support yesterday but I'm not she understood what I was saying. She ended the call saying to call today to cancel everything. I must admit I was frustrated last night and when she asked me what I wanted to do I said cancel it. Meaning the upgrade, but I think she wanted me to cancel my whole package. 

All I want is to get this working with the new remote.  

I have deleted all my recordings and series links, unplugged it and left it for a while. Nothing seems to work.  It is still saying TiVo next to my preview box

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Fedup123456 

If they do need to send out a tech then there will be no charge. If you are charged then get back to this thread and the forum team should be able to remove or credit the charge.

To be honest I think it's part of the script now for tech visits with CS just covering themself in case there is a charge due to equipment not being faulty.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Fedup123456 

You've followed the correct procedures such as deleting recordings, turning off/rebooting the V6.

Double check you white coaxial settings are ll snug and tight and free from kinks, and that your V6 has a working internet conenction.

It's very likely to be a settings issue at the VM end. The software upgrade has been done, just the billing system doesn’t know which account to tie your equipment to activate the box. .

They may be able to fix it over the phone, if not it will probably need an engineer visit.

You should try faults again, or choose the thinking of leaving option.

A member of the forum team may pick this up for you however it may take a few days due to the weekend and bank holiday.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you Dave.  Yes, it is definitely connected to the internet, I had reset my box and the password also reset, so I had to redo it and update everything.  The coax looks fine.

They did say on the phone they would send someone out but I would have to pay for that, which doesn't sound right. You can't offer something for free, then when it doesn't work just turn it into a way to get more money out of me.  

• At the end of the day, if it doesn't get fixed, at least my box is still working as a by, so I can just put the 360 remote in a drawer and forget about it!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Fedup123456 

If they do need to send out a tech then there will be no charge. If you are charged then get back to this thread and the forum team should be able to remove or credit the charge.

To be honest I think it's part of the script now for tech visits with CS just covering themself in case there is a charge due to equipment not being faulty.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

I might try ringing again tomorrow, that's for the advice, very helpful.

So I called again today, and again it didn't work, but this time they said it will be escalated to a back end team and should be working within 5 days.  Fingers crossed 🤞

Again, thank you so much for your help.

Lynette 

Hey Fedup123456, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear about your recent experience with us.

I can also see from our side you are in contact with the team and they are looking into this for you.

Please do keep us updated on how you get on. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Well the 5 days has gone and I have not heard anything, but still have the TiVo sign up by the video preview and the same error when I try to upgrade.  I just wish there was some kind of update available rather than sitting around hoping it gets done 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Fedup123456, thanks for your posts and replies.

Sorry to see we've raised the issue previously and it has not been fixed after this time.
Could you please update us on this migration error since you last posted here?

Have you had any calls or emails in regard to this issue from us so far?
Let us know and we're happy to assist further should you still need our help with this.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Adri

It still isn't upgraded, and I haven't had any calls or emails.