Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 update - standby light

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi,

We’re updating your 360 box from today. In response to feedback that the colours indicating ‘standby’ and ‘on’ were too similar, the colour of the ‘standby’ light on the front of your Virgin TV 360 box is changing from light-blue to red

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

48 REPLIES 48

simonpoole
On our wavelength

I liked the 'new' blue standby light, it wasn't as bright at night, reminded me that my box was refreshed to TV360 and looked nice. I know you can't please everyone but why not allow customers to change the colours themselves from the menus, that way we can all have what we like and want.  

@simonpoole wrote:

I liked the 'new' blue standby light, it wasn't as bright at night, reminded me that my box was refreshed to TV360 and looked nice. I know you can't please everyone but why not allow customers to change the colours themselves from the menus, that way we can all have what we like and want.  

...not being funny but how many other media devices have a light other than red when in Standby (I've never know a device to have a blue standby light?!) ??!

Hardly any - most are red so the change is in line with all the other equipment.....

I liked the blue light too. I don't see that it matters at all whether it's not the same as other boxes.  It's good to be different. 

I really don't understand why people complained about the blue light.  it was a vastly different brightness (nice and dim, but visible) and a different colour from the white light when the box is on. 

It was ideal in a bedroom - where you don't want a bright red light on all night!! 🙂

I think we should have a voting poll, where you can choose your favourite standby colour, red, blue etc.
I wonder if Virgin Media would respond to customer demand like that?

I Think they should make it so you can choose your own colour gives the user the choice and stops the arguing in the thread. 😂

Blue is way better.  For me. . 

Swf
Fibre optic

How about fixing something that's broke?

Sky uhd box sets change to HD for the next episodes.   The blue light didn't need to be messed with it was way better for bedrooms.   The uhd is a issue. 

simonpoole
On our wavelength

If Virgin Media responded to 'feedback' that colours (blue/white) indicating ‘standby’ and ‘on’ were too similar, then where did they get that 'feedback' from? I'd say almost everyone here want's a blue standby light like I do.

Most likely it was a glitch to start with.