cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 update fiasco

Harley2017
Superfast

Just returned from holiday and my two V6 boxes (software updated to 360 last year) have been updated to 4.41 version.

This has caused all my recordings on one of the boxes to be removed!!!!

Initially, when I updated to the 360 I had one main box and a “slave”. I complained at the time as I believed I was mis sold….”slave” box was converted into a main box to allow for the same capacity that I had with the 360 set up!

Can anyone tell me if they have experience this same issue?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Can you pause live TV for longer than 3 to 4 minutes, just trying to establish if the hard drive is still working.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Harley2017
Superfast

My 360 boxes where updated to 4.41 version when I was on holiday….now the upstairs box has been changed to a slave. 
I had this problem when I originally updated to 360 but I complained and got VM to convert both boxes to “main” boxes as this is what I had with the old V6 set up.

Hi Harley2017, 

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you have been facing issues with your recordings on one of your boxes.

I was able to find you on our system with the details we have for you, it looks like tou have spoken to us, what have we advised.

Regards

Paul.

I was told that this is a problem that VM are aware of and they are working on a “patch” to repair the problem caused by the recent 4 .41 software update!!

Question is how do VM know what customers have been affected? 
Also if it’s anything like the Netflix problem then it’s never going to be fixed!

My current agreement is due to end soon and I am actively looking for an alternative to VM. I have been a customer for over 20 years and can honestly say that for the most part I have experienced very good satisfaction. However, since my last agreement in March 21 I have had nothing but problems and with the cost of living etc I will need to cut back! 

Mckeansarah
Joining in

We had the same issue when we came back from holiday on 12th august all of the recordings on our 360 box had deleted. We are also having issues with the apps (Netflix, iPlayer) keep logging out so we have to sign in every time we want to watch something and sometimes during.  We’ve rang twice - the first time they ran some upgrade and today they told us to post in the forum as they don’t know why it’s happening! 

“We had the same issue when we came back from holiday on 12th august all of the recordings on our 360 box had deleted. We are also having issues with the apps (Netflix, iPlayer) keep logging out so we have to sign in every time we want to watch something and sometimes during.  We’ve rang twice - the first time they ran some upgrade and today they told us to post in the forum as they don’t know why it’s happening!”

They told me to call back in a weeks time ( probably a fob off) as they were working on it and they knew that this update had caused this problem with customers!!

roy247
Community elder

@Harley2017 wrote:

Just returned from holiday and my two V6 boxes (software updated to 360 last year) have been updated to 4.41 version.

This has caused all my recordings on one of the boxes to be removed!!!!

Initially, when I updated to the 360 I had one main box and a “slave”. I complained at the time as I believed I was mis sold….”slave” box was converted into a main box to allow for the same capacity that I had with the 360 set up!

What actually happens when you try and set a recording on the box that lost all it's recording's, do you get an error message, also what happens if you try and pause live TV.

No error message….it’s just acting as a slave and sending the message to my main box. The “slave” box was also a main box prior to the recent update!

Can you pause live TV for longer than 3 to 4 minutes, just trying to establish if the hard drive is still working.

Hi

I can pause for more than 4 minutes!

I think the hard dive is still working but not allowing me to record on it.