cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 update fail Help please

Tomworsley
Tuning in

Good afternoon. 
I tried to update my v6 box to 360 today. But it failed at the point where it asked me to start using the new remote control. 

error code ma1/4/40. 

what can I do. Not the best start ☹️

any help would be great.

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Tomworsley 

Error MA1/4/40  is often due to a migration issue.

The systems may take a couple of hours to recognise it's now been converted to a 360 and automatically complete the process. 

A few other people with this error have managed to perform the update by either removing the box from the mains for five minues and trying again, or by deleting recordings to make more space and then trying again.

You could also try turning off the V6 at switch;  then on the V6 box  hold down both the power button and the + button at the same time.

Then turn on the V6 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds.

The box should reboot, the power button will turn blue, and fingers crossed it will reset and boot up normally, and then hopefully install the 360 software update.

If that doesn't work it's probably a settings issue at the VM end. The software upgrade has been started but the billing system doesn’t know which account to tie your equipment to activate the box. 

The Faults team may be able to fix this, if not they will escalate it to 2nd level support to fix it over the phone by sending a new update signal.

If that also fails it will need an engineer visit to change the box

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you

I can’t seem to try again as all I get is a message saying please come back later and try again. This is after resetting the box. 

what the best number to call ? 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Tomworsley 

The best method and time to contact them is to call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am when lines first open to avoid call queues.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Tomworsley,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you have had with your service. 

I have taken a look on our side and it looks as though you have been able to speak with the team. 

Were you able to get everything sorted?

^Martin

I spoke to someone online from Virgin who said  it was being updated and promised it would be working in 2 hours. Which of course it wasn’t. 
I don’t mind waiting for things as I understand things don’t always go smoothly but I think I was told a load of nonsense from someone who just wanted some good feedback. 

I now have an engineer visit organised for tomorrow which should get in sorted. 

Thanks for your response @Tomworsley, can you please advise us how the visit from the engineer went?

Is any further assistance required?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hello. The engineer replaced the box and all is fine now.   

he said he’s done loads of them 

Hi Tomworsley,

Thanks for updating us on this 360 box issue! 

I am really glad the engineer was able to get this replaced and resolved, although I am sorry for any inconvenience the issue may have caused!

If you need any further help, you know where we are! 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L