cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 tv volume

Fennomenon
On our wavelength

Hi, have had 360 for a couple months after a download to my v6 boxes. We have 2 boxes but one has lost the ability to change the tv volume. I go into settings and pairing and the key testing changes the volume but when I exit the menu it’s still not working. 

it had been fine up to a day or two ago. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi all, it would seem that for some reason the sound bar I have was interfering with the volume and it was forcing the virgin remote to change the volume of the sound bar not the tv. As I rarely have the bar on it was looking like nothing was happening. I only noticed and worked it out the other night when I put it on for the football!

under the pairing option in the menu there’s a setting to opt for sound bar or tv to be controlled by the virgin remote. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try resetting the remote by holding the TV and rewind button for 10 seconds.

The remote should automatically re-pair to the V360 - if it doesn’t, hold the TV and 0 buttons. Follow the steps in settings to control your TV again. See if that works.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Fennomenon,

Have you tried factory resetting the remote?

Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the TV 360 remote. You could also try removing the batteries and put them back in.

Also if the remote appears to have stopped working make sure the the power saving mode setting is on Fast Start

How to pair the TV 360 remote with your TV

Press Home > Settings > Pair remote with devices ? Pair TV and follow the on screen instructions

Or the following method:- Hold down the 'TV' button and '0' button together on the 360 remote until the Standby button starts to flash.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hey @Fennomenon,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue here.

Have you been able to resolve your volume issue with the help offered from the community members or are you still having issues at the moment?

Regards,

Steven_L

Swf
Fibre optic

@Fennomenon wrote:

Hi, have had 360 for a couple months after a download to my v6 boxes. We have 2 boxes but one has lost the ability to change the tv volume. I go into settings and pairing and the key testing changes the volume but when I exit the menu it’s still not working. 

it had been fine up to a day or two ago. 

Thanks

Virgin sent out a mini update.  Many of us have this issue now and didn't a few days ago.    Virgin don't really do any of the work on the os it's a duch team and it's volunteers who work on it..   Virgin sucks 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Fennomenon wrote:

Hi, have had 360 for a couple months after a download to my v6 boxes. We have 2 boxes but one has lost the ability to change the tv volume. 

Are the two boxes running the same software version currently?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Fennomenon

How atre things now 

Have you made any head way on the issue 

Gareth_L

Hi all, it would seem that for some reason the sound bar I have was interfering with the volume and it was forcing the virgin remote to change the volume of the sound bar not the tv. As I rarely have the bar on it was looking like nothing was happening. I only noticed and worked it out the other night when I put it on for the football!

under the pairing option in the menu there’s a setting to opt for sound bar or tv to be controlled by the virgin remote. 

Thanks for coming back to us @Fennomenon.

I'm glad that you have been able to find out what the issue is and resolve this. Have you had any further issues since you discovered the setting?

Regards,

Steven_L 

eddyada
Joining in

I found that when my remote stopped changing the volume on my TV that it was connected to my AV receiver and not my TV. In settings I found I could toggle between the two, so I set it to my Samsung TV.