cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 tv recording when tv turned off

rossibb
Joining in

How can I record with 360 when out of the home it appears if the tv is off so is the 360

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have switched your 360 off, then it can't record programmes in your absence. The boxes are intended to be left on 24/7 to allow for recording when you're not at home.

I suspect what you might be asking, is "how can I set recordings", to which the answer is to use the TV Go app on a compatible device - https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/go-control 

Whether your TV set is on or off makes no difference to whether your 360 box will work.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

rossibb
Joining in

Thank you but I haven't actually  turned 360 box off when I turn TV onto standby mode via the 360 remote  it appears to automatically turn off the 360 box as when I turn TV on again with the 360 remote it's a blank screen and I have to press the standby button when the screen lights up with the welcome message in different languages 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you only want to turn off the TV and not the 360 box then use the black TV button on the left hand side of the 360 remote.

360 remote360 remote

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

roy247
Community elder

As japitts said you can use the TVGO app to set recordings when away from home, make sure the 360 is set to fast start or active start so the recordings can be set.