cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 surround sound.

Shelly181818
Tuning in

Hi.  We've been with virgin for a long time and I was very happy with the service.  Due to a faulty v6 box,  we have experienced very poor resolutions and I won't go into the details as it will be an essay,  we now have a 360.  This is where my issue is,  my bose surround sound won't work at all with it and I would really really appreciate any help,  support or guidance that can be given please. 

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Shelly181818,

For Sound issues go to Setting > Audio & Video - try setting Dolby Audio to always convert. You can also try different settings such as follow content or disabled

If you are using a sound bar try connecting the 360 to a TV HDMI port without ARC.

Then if you are using  fibre optic straight from the 360 to your sound bar, set Dolby to Follow Content.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

roy247
Community elder

Bit more detail may help, as in do you get no sound, can't control volume, I don't want to say it but sound sync problems, model of soundbar may help then if someone has the same they may be able to help.

Thank you for the prompt reply Dave.  I have tried these suggestions and unfortunately it hasn't resolved the issue.  Really appreciate the advice. 

Thank you for a speedy reply and advice. 

The surround sound system is a bose 321 II. 

There is no sound even though there is an optic cable running straight from the TV to the bose system and an audio rca running between the v6/360 box and the bose system.

It's another funny where it all worked before the change to 360, I am not familiar with the Bose soundbars and how it select's it's input whether it's automatic or manual, have you paired the remote (and 360) to the soundbar in Settings, Audio + Video.

Thank you for your suggestion. 

I am going to try the system with our other TV tomorrow and see if it works.  

I will be trying this also so much appreciated 😊.

Your Bose is a 2.1 channel system, so you'll never get a true surround system. As it lacks an HDMI output you cannot get HDMI ARC. I recommend considering an upgrade to a modern system so that you can get your audio from the TV's HDMI connector.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Thank you for the advice.  It worked okay before the upgrade and wasn't really looking to invest but you're right, it's definitely worth considering. 😊