cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 stopped working with Sonos surround speakers

JAC4
Tuning in
Sonos ONE SL surrounds stopped working 360

I have had the 360 operating system since last summer, connect to a Sonos Beam with 2 x Sonos ONE SL's connect as L&R surrounds. All work perfectly watching TV through 360 (and also work watching simply through the Samsung TV without 360 - ie: via aerial).

Yesterday, the surrounds stopped working with the 360 box. I reset and reinstalled them, and they still don't work with 360.

(They do work as surrounds with the Beam when I watch normal TV through the aerial as opposed to the Virgin box. I have looked at all settings and Virgin Community but cannot find a fix for this. I have restarted all the equipment, and checked cables)

Any suggestions? Many thanks

*Apologies that I previously posted this with V6 in error, but my fault remains and it is 360*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @JAC4 

According to the following thread from last year (ignore the thread title as the poster confirmed they have a 360)

V6-box-and-Sonos-Beam-soundbar-audio-sync-problem 

"If anyone else with a Sonos Beam is reading this I fixed it by setting the video on the 360 box to 1080i not Automatic. I guess if I watch 4K content changing the video to 4K should work as well."

Personally (if it's possible on your set up) I would connect the 360 to the TV by HDMI and the soundbar to the TV and leave the TV/soundbar manage the sound output

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jeebus

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Have you spoken to the manufacturer around the issue? I can't see any reason as to why they wouldn't be working with the TV box as everything seems fine on our side.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for your message. I did a call with Sonos for 40 minutes and they did a few diagnostics. Their conclusion was that the Virgin 360 box was interfering with the Sonos Beam. Nothing has changed in my set up, so my confusion is that the Virgin box has a tech fault or maybe a software update has caused an issue. The Sonos team confirmed I was set up OK, in fact we did the set up over again, and changed channels in their settings but as I say, their conclusion after 3 diagnostics was that the Virgin box was the issue (Note: Some channels on Virgin are coming in surround sound, some are not and there is just a low hiss from the surrounds eg: BBC One HD. If I watch TV through the aerial, those same channels (inc BBC One) will play through the surrounds)

Mr reply should read BBC One HD on both occasions

Thanks for your message. I did a call with Sonos for 40 minutes and they did a few diagnostics. Their conclusion was that the Virgin 360 box was interfering with the Sonos Beam. Nothing has changed in my set up, so my confusion is that the Virgin box has a tech fault or maybe a software update has caused an issue. The Sonos team confirmed I was set up OK, in fact we did the set up over again, and changed channels in their settings but as I say, their conclusion after 3 diagnostics was that the Virgin box was the issue (Note: Some channels on Virgin are coming in surround sound, some are not and there is just a low hiss from the surrounds eg: BBC One HD. If I watch TV through the aerial, those same channels (inc BBC One HD) will play through the surrounds)

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @JAC4 

According to the following thread from last year (ignore the thread title as the poster confirmed they have a 360)

V6-box-and-Sonos-Beam-soundbar-audio-sync-problem 

"If anyone else with a Sonos Beam is reading this I fixed it by setting the video on the 360 box to 1080i not Automatic. I guess if I watch 4K content changing the video to 4K should work as well."

Personally (if it's possible on your set up) I would connect the 360 to the TV by HDMI and the soundbar to the TV and leave the TV/soundbar manage the sound output

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

roy247
Community elder

Hi JAC4,

I don't have a beam so could be wrong, the 360 is connected to the TV and then to the beam using hdmi-arc, so the output to the surround speakers would be controlled by your TV,  is there a way to check on your beam if the input from the 360 is pcm or dolby, probably the easiest way is to check with a sky movie channel as most are in dolby 5.1, bbc1 could be hit or miss I am not sure, if the TV is outputting pcm to the beam that might be why the rear speakers are not working. Have you checked the dolby setting on the 360 is still set to follow content or always active, also my LG tv has a digital sound output option set to pass through.

Many thanks for this Roy

The TV has setting PCM or AUTO. (Pass-through is listed but "greyed out" / disabled so I am unable to select it)

HDMI-eARC Mode is on AUTO (the option is OFF or AUTO)

Sadly I don't have Sky Movies. But Netflix and Prime work with the surrounds if I am playing them from the Samsung Smart TV menu (not using them through the Virgin box)

Many thanks

My connections are as you suggested, but changing the 360 box Dolby Audio to "Follow Content" rather than "Always Convert" seems to have done the trick.

Thanks so much!

Thank you for the update @JAC4.

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help 🙂

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs