cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 slow start up/navigation and Apps crashing

slackdad2022
Tuning in

Hi, 

Over the last couple of weeks or so using my 360 box is becoming increasingly frustrating. Very slow to power on, very laggy navigation and apps (inc Netflix) either slow to load or freeze on load up screen. I've re-booted a few times and even did a factory reset (but kept recordings). 

Any advice appreciated 

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @slackdad2022 

It's best to leave the 360 switched on so it can process any EPG updates etc in real time rather than having it do all the processing when switching on.

Have a look at the 360 standby power consumption options.

Go to Settings > System > Standby power consumption. You have 3 choices.
Fast start  - the 360 starts quickly but is less energy efficient
Active start - more energy efficient than fast start but the box takes a little longer to start up
Eco start - the most energy efficient and probably the one you're using. It uses minimal power but takes a while to start.

Have you tried new batteries in the 360 remote, or pairing the remote again? If you can when pairing it use the actual device details rather than key presses as the first key press sequence that works isn't always the best one.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @slackdad2022 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear that you're having slow start up/navigation and app issues on your 360 box.  By your description I cannot 100% tell if you're switching the box off fully at the power (over night) or not?  If you are would you please follow the advice given by newapollo to see if this makes a difference?  Please do keep us updated.

Regards

Lee_R

Thanks for the information. 

My box was in active start-up mode and I have followed the advice and now on quick start. This seems to have helped a little in that regular TV/guide is readily available but I am still having issues of slow response/lag when accessing recordings (blank tiles) and crashing/slow load when accessing apps (Prime/Netflix). 

Up until a few weeks ago I found the 360 box to be very responsive with no issues.  

Hi slackdad2022, 

Thanks for sticking with us on this one and for updating the settings on the box. 

Given the fact things still aren't quite right, I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi slackdad2022,

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 

I have checked the systems and can see that there are some prolonged signal issues. Due to this I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the fault as not being caused by our network/equipment 
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment so it is important to reschedule if needed. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, engineer came this morning and swapped box out. He couldn't find a specific issue but so far things improved. Hopefully problem solved.

Thanks for your help 

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @slackdad2022

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm glad to hear things have improved since the engineer visit, thanks for letting us know! If you experience any further issues please do get back in touch.

Best wishes,

Serena