cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 service - box offline

clair_uk
Tuning in

Just upgraded to 360 and have boxes in lounge and master bedroom. Repeatedly seeing “box offline” when trying to watch saved programmes. It’s really annoying. How can this be rectified?

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are trying to watch recordings on the mini box you will have problems if the main box is either turned off or set up on Eco Start

Go to Settings > System > Standby power consumption. You have 3 choices.

Fast start  - the 360 starts quickly but is less energy efficient
Active start - more energy efficient than fast start but the box takes a little longer to start up
Eco start - the most energy efficient and probably the one you're using. It uses minimal power but takes a while to start.

The first two options are best if you have a mini box and want to watch a recording on it

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

How about the other way around. Watched a programme on the secondary box and now can’t continue watching on the primary box. Same thing with the settings?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Assuming that you have a 360 and a 360 mini, the secondary (mini box) doesn't have a hard drive. All the recordings are made on the main 360 box.

If that's the case then to resume watching on the main box you need to have pressed record on the mini box because the mini box will only pause for a few minutes.

Info below from https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-watch-recordings-on-another-tv-box#360 

Watch a recorded show, or pause live TV to watch on another box

• If you’re watching a recorded show, press Stop – this will mark the point you want to resume in another room
  • If you’re watching on live TV, press Record – you can pick up where you left off in another room

Get yourself comfy, grab the remote and follow these steps.

1. Press My Shows

2. Scroll down to the end and you’ll see the name(s) of Virgin TV boxes you have connected

3. Select the Virgin TV box you want to watch from and press OK

4. Choose the show you want to watch and press OK

The following page has a lot of useful tips for the 360/help/virgin-tv-360

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi again Dave. No, the system is using the existing V6 boxes. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@clair_uk wrote:

Hi again Dave. No, the system is using the existing V6 boxes. 

So to confirm you've migrated V6 boxes > multiple 360?

Can all the boxes use OnDemand services ok? It's something else to check, as it's the same box<--->hub connection being used.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Go to Settings > Network > Diagnostics you can view the connection status.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Hi Claire,

As it's the software that really controls all of this it shouldn't make any difference if you have 2 upgraded V6 boxes or a 360 main box and a mini box except for the fact wih 2 V6 boxes you can record on both.

You do need to have both boxes set to fast start or active start so you can watch recordings from box 1 to box 2, and visa versa, the instructions newapollo posted for continue watching should work, for recordings to continue watching across boxes I wouldn't have thought there would be any problem if you pressed the back button to stop on 1 box it should then appear in your continue watching list.

Roy