cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 remote wont control tv sound

Richy088
Tuning in

Hi there upgraded to 360 TV and followed instructions to pair remote to my TV.

While setting up remote, sound on TV goes up but remote won't change sound when under normal use.

I have reset the remote. re-paired the remote to the  TV.

Restarted 360 box.

Factory reset remote all to no avail.

I know the TV is old but if the sound changes when pairing then surely it should work after. 

Any help would be appreciated 

17 REPLIES 17

Hi John thanks for the help,  just to let you know I've managed to get the one box operating the TV. I found the exact match of tv model and entered that then tested it and that one now works.  (That's upstairs).

The downstairs box is the one that doesn't fully operate the tv.

I can get the remote to power the tv on and off show menu and info change the input source but will not change volume or mute.

This box will be powered on at all times. 

Many thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Richy088 

What's the make and model number of the downstairs TV that isn't pairing correctly?

You could also try the following :-

Using the Toshiba  55UL2163DBC as an example I would try entering UL21 as the device, and if that didn't work I'd try 2163 as the device.

Using the LG 55 Inch 55UQ75006LF  as an example I would try entering UQ75 as the device, and if that didn't work I'd try 7500 as the device.

If you are trying to set up with key presses, then don't just accept the first one that appears to work. Try a few more as often there are 3 or 4 which may work, and one of them will probably pair fully so it will operate the volume keys and mute as well

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave sporty about late reply been working away from home so haven't been able to connect.  

I know the tv is a Red (sainsburys special) I'll have to take it off the wall and remove the brackets to find model as can't find the paper work.  As soon as I'm able to get back I'll do that and check. Meanwhile partner will continue to use 2 remotes.

Will post with results when I can.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Richy088 

You should be able to find out the make and model by going into the TV's settings, rather than having to take it off the wall.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @Richy088, can you please confirm if you've been able to discover the make of the TV set?

Please report back to us when you can.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David thanks for the message I won't be back at the house for another week or so ( working away) as soon as I'm able I'll post the model type and results of entering the model type and seeing if that works.

Thanks for coming back to us @Richy088 and please do let us know, when you get the chance.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi guys thanks for waiting and sorry for the delay in getting back to you all.

I've returned home only to find the tv. I was having trouble with has stopped working in its entirety due to taking a tumble off the wall whilst some spirited games were being played in the house whole i was away and so its off to the shops to collect a new smart tv of a decent named make. So at least it's one problem sorted out. Now just got to fix the wall.