cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 remote won't link to Hitachi TV

thetribetribe
Tuning in

Hi all,

Im getting frustrated. Our TV is only 2 year old, yet won't pair with our 360 remote. 

It pairs with our TV which is at least 15 years old but not the Hitachi. 

Any tips? 

Many thanks 

Phil

9 REPLIES 9

roy247
Community elder

If you have tried the key testing method and can't pair your Hitachi and it was manufactured by Vestel you could try pairing it as a Finlux because Vestel also make Finlux TV's, they may just be rebranded.

Hi, thank you for replying. 

Ill give that a go, and let you know. 

Wish me luck 

I was hopeful but unfortunately it did not work. 

I don't get how our ancient TV connects but our new one doesn't .

Any other suggestions? 

Cheers

Hi @thetribetribe 

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having issues pairing your remote to TV 360. We can understand the frustration caused. Please try the following link and let me know if it helps https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/using-your-remote

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, I've been through all the help things and tried the set up for Hitachi, vestel and finlux but none of them work. It is really annoying as out 10 year old TV upstairs connects straight away. 

Can the remotes be updated? 

Are codes added? 

Sky remote connected no issues as well so don't understand why this won't! 

Cheers

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @thetribetribe 

Before doing anything else please try inserting new batteries.  This has worked succesfully for a lot of users.

Each 360 remote pairs 1 to 1 with the box, it does not use infra-red (IR). This means you can only use one remote with a box and not multiple. It's possibly not allowing you to go forward without resetting the remote as it's already paired with your older TV

Pressing and holding the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds will factory reset the TV 360 remote.

To pair the 360 remote hold down the 'TV' button and '0' button together until the Standby button starts to flash. This should recognise the TV and connect automatically.

Following that if you need to pair the VM remote with the TV to control volume, source or power then press Home > Settings > Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > Press OK then  Change TV set-up Hitachi >  and enter the device model number -

for example if it's an Hitachi 65HL7101U  then try entering the first four characters after the screen size HL71, or 7101, or the final four characters 101U

if it's an Hitachi 55HK6100U  then try entering the first four characters after the screen size HK61, or 7101 or the final four characters 000U

If that doesn't work then use the Start key testing method, but don't just pick the first one that appears to work, try a few more as some combinations works more fully than others.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi,

Thank you all for your assistance.

Factory reset gas worked. 

Now linked 1st time with the TV.

Cheers

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @thetribetribe 

Thanks for updating the thread. Great to see it's all paired and working correctly now

You might find the following page useful in getting used to the 360.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/virgin-tv-360 

Any problems though just create a new post.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hey @thetribetribe, thanks for updating us on the forums. 👋🏼

I'm glad to hear that the matter has been resolved.
There is a wealth of knowledge here on the forums as you can see.
Always feel free to come back here if you ever need any support.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs