cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 remote (tv off/mute/volume)

Elliebellie
Tuning in

The mute, tv off and volume up/down buttons on my virgin 360 remote are no longer working. Was working for the first few weeks but not anymore. Very frustrating! I have tried everything - factory reset, settings > audio and video > pair remote to audio systems / held down 0 + tv button and. Tried to pair 😞 help?! Every other button on remote works 

6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Community elder

If you go to audio and video does it show your TV or soundbar next to Volume keys control and One power set to on. If it does then you may have to reset and start again if they are not working, you can try a factory reset of the remote first, you do mention doing a factory reset just don't know if it's remote, box or both so could be going old ground,

Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the TV 360 remote. After the factory reset, try pressing TV and 0 button for 10 seconds and it should now force pairing.

Then repair your remote with your TV, audio and video, Pair remote with devices.

If that doesn't work then it may be a case of factory resetting your box, it may sound drastic but it's not really and it cured a silly problem I was having with my remote only on the TV guide, go to System, Factory reset, select keep recordings and go, then repair your remote, you might get prompted by the box for the repairing. You won't lose your recordings or series links but will have to renter any app login details.

If that doesn't work you might need to phone Virgin but come back with your results, also is it TV or soundbar that isn't working.

Hi.. thanks so much for your help. I have factory reset the remote but now when I paid it says pairing failed 😞 and I can’t use it at all now 😐 .. 

Further to this - every time I press a button the remote the red power button just flashes 😐

I would try factory resetting the remote and pairing again one more time, and if that doesn't work phone Virgin for a new remote, as a temporary measure you can use the TVGO app as a remote on your phone or tablet.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Elliebellie, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your remote.

If the above advice doesn't help feel free to send me a PM and we'll arrange another remote for you.

Tom 

Craig914
Tuning in

Followed this thread and my remote then wouldn’t re-pair. Removed the batteries for a few seconds and then paired straight away! Fixed my previously working volume buttons that had randomly stopped working and wouldn’t re pair with my sound bar via the audio settings on the box 👍🏼