cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 remote not pairing with v6 box

DoubleDee
On our wavelength

Hi

Please help! I got my new set up for 360 this morning gone through the instructions and my remote will not pair with my upgraded v6 box! Tried all the troubleshooting and nothing! 

We have a mini box too for upstairs tivo box does this have to be set up first? 

Thank you

22 REPLIES 22

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @DoubleDee 

Try changing the batteries, even though it's new that often works. 

Providing the V6 box has updated to a 360 then you should be able to pair the 360 remote by holding down the 'TV' button and '0' button together until the Standby button starts to flash.  If that doesn't work then press and hold the TV and Rewind button on the 360 remote for 10 seconds to factory reset the TV 360 remote, then try holding down the TV and '0' buttons together again.

If you haven't  upgraded the V6 box to the Horizon 360 yet then the 360 remote won't work.

There should have been an insert advising how to perform the upgrade, or instructions printed on the inside lid of the box containing the remote control(s)

Picture of the instructions for the V6 at the bottom of this post

The following page shows you how to set up and install the mini box /Adding-a-Virgin-TV-60-Mini-Box.pdf 

If it's any easier there's also a youtube video showing how to upgrade the V6 and also install the mini box  <<< here >>> 

The mini box doesn't need to be set up first, it is usually set up at the same time as the main box, or afterwards.. 

You can go ahead and unplug the old Tivo and set up the mini box instead. It might actually work as soon as you've plugged it in and connected it to the internet.

upgrade v6.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you for replying. 

I have done everything you have suggested, thank you. I have since been on the phone to them and have been told they need to send out another remote even though the 2 I have been sent work on the mini box. Another person told me I cannot have a v6 box converted to 360 and mini box in the same house. A senior has just rung and told me they are sending out a new remote! Is there a certain remote that is needed for the v6 box once converted and they have sent me 2 remotes that work with the mini box instead? I am so confused and have got no where!

Please can someone help? 

Thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @DoubleDee 

It sounds a little odd as you shouldn't be able to pair  two 360 remotes to the same box.

You should be able to use one of the 360 remotes that work with the mini box with the main box, but you will need to unpair it first.

So take either one of the remotes and take it into the room with the main 360 box. Then press and hold the TV and Rewind buttons, both at the same time on that 360 remote for 10 seconds to factory reset that remote. Now pair that 360 remote with the main 360 by holding down the 'TV' button and '0' button together until the Standby button starts to flash.

That should get it working, unless there is a fault with that particular box.

Do you get anything at all onscreen with the main 360 box?

Some smart TV remotes can also be paired with the 360 boxes. I've paired my LG Smart remote with my 360. It doesn't have the voice function using that remote but I can change channels and volume and switch the box on and off. You might be able to do the same even if it's a different manufacturer providing it's a smart remote. Some of them recognise it's a Virgin box, on others you have to set the device up as either "Ziggo" or "Ziggo Mediabox Next"

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @newapollo,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I did unpair and re pair both just to prove they are both working. Installation completed on the v6 box but we got stuck on the picture of the remote, box and fingers pressing the TV button and 0 to pair it! No error nothing that makes me think it the box is not communicating with the remote. When I paired the remote with the mini box it went straight through the motions and paired straight away. I can't see how they are adament it is the remote when I have tried 2 hence why I asked if there is a special remote for the converted v6 box!

I just think it will be another few days wait and it still will not be resolved. 

I will just have to wait until the new remote arrives and try again! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Donna

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Donna,

You say  we got stuck on the picture of the remote, box and fingers.

Please can you post a picture of the screen?

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Of course this is the screen it gets to and goes no further.

Screenshot_20230121_232728.jpg

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Donna,

I realise this is like teaching your granny to suck eggs, and I'm sure you've done it already, but please can you double check that you've removed the red tab from the remote, and also open the back and make sure that there isn't any plastic left in there stopping the batteries from connecting.

Do any lights flash on the remote or on the VM set top box?

Wtach the following video, around the one minute 30 seconds mark in  it tells you to use the V6 remote again if the new 360 remote isn't working.

It asks you to press the red button on the V6 and then enter the verification code 847446 then (hopefully) follow the onscreen messaging to complete the upgrade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KruQsQbPMsw 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Hi Dave, 

Believe me I have tried everything more than once as all 4 advisors went through their trouble shooting script!

I am also an ICT technician 🤭 so I know it can be the obvious things usually even tried turning it off and on! 

I will look at the video you suggested and the bit about the old remote! Thanks again for taking time to answer it's just so frustrating, 

Donna

Sorry forgot to add the remote flashes white on the top right hand corner but the box does nothing. 

Donna