cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 remote issue

StoobyDoo74
Joining in

Hi

Recently got a new 360 TV remote and upgraded the Tivo box but cannot turn the TV off using it's power button and none of the volume buttons work either. Only way to now turn the TV off is unplugging it. Any suggestions please?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @StoobyDoo74,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you're facing some issues with the functionality of your 360 remote with the TV box. Does any of the troubleshooting detailed here help at all? You'll see instructions there to help you pair up and/or reset your remote.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach

Thanks for the reply. The issue is not the remote....it's the buttons on the TV itself that have stopped working since the bix received an update to a 360. I've managed a work around where we turn the box off then on and can turn the TV off manually but then need to turn the box off quickly as it automatically turns the TV back on if not done quick enough. It also changes the source if something else is on eg Xbox/firestick

Hi StoobyDoo74,

Assuming you have paired the 360 remote to your TV and you have One power set to on, and Volume keys set to your TV in Settings then if you press the Red power button it will turn off both the TV and 360, if you press the White power button on the left of the remote it will just turn off the TV.

Hi roy247

We've paired the remote but it doesn't do either of those sorry.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply StoobyDoo74. 

We would recommend factory resetting the remote by holding the TV and rewind buttons for 10 seconds. 

Once you have done this, please pair the remote to the equipment again using the instructions available via the link provided by my colleague. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Nat