cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 remote flashing but not working

Scoobie666
Joining in

Hi,

Our 360 remote has suddenly stopped working and the red power light is flashing. I’ve tried changing the batteries and a reset. Is there anything else I can do?

thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Scoobie666 

If the remote appears to have stopped working wiggle it a few times. You should also make sure the the Power Saving mode setting is on Fast Start

Did you press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds to factory reset the TV 360 remote?

If so try pairring it again by  holding down the 'TV' button and '0' button together until the Standby button starts to flash.

You could download the TVGO app for now and use it as a temporary remote. Links towards the bottom of  <<< this page >>> 

If you have a smart TV remote you might also be able to pair that by selecting Virgin, Ziggo, or Ziggo Media Box next as the manufacturer.

You can also use some third party remotes such as the OneForAll URC7125 - use the SimpleSet setup process and choose Ziggo manufacturer

Also the Logitech Harmony remote.  You need to set them up as a "Ziggo Mediabox Next" 

You can call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults) to request a new remote.

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and help.

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could also use WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112, or the sms number 0753 305 1809. This often takes 4-6 hours,

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a replacement.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Scoobie666 

If the remote appears to have stopped working wiggle it a few times. You should also make sure the the Power Saving mode setting is on Fast Start

Did you press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds to factory reset the TV 360 remote?

If so try pairring it again by  holding down the 'TV' button and '0' button together until the Standby button starts to flash.

You could download the TVGO app for now and use it as a temporary remote. Links towards the bottom of  <<< this page >>> 

If you have a smart TV remote you might also be able to pair that by selecting Virgin, Ziggo, or Ziggo Media Box next as the manufacturer.

You can also use some third party remotes such as the OneForAll URC7125 - use the SimpleSet setup process and choose Ziggo manufacturer

Also the Logitech Harmony remote.  You need to set them up as a "Ziggo Mediabox Next" 

You can call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults) to request a new remote.

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and help.

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could also use WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112, or the sms number 0753 305 1809. This often takes 4-6 hours,

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a replacement.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Scoobie666, 

Thanks for your post, I am sorry you're having this issue with your TV remote services recently. 

I have had a look at your services on my side and can see there is an area outage, which is regarding an SNR issue. 

This is due to be fixed  - 06 OCT 2022 09:00 - but please be aware this is just an estimate, it could change depending on what the engineers find. However, I am sure they will be working incredibly hard to get this fixed as soon as possible for you.

However, I understand you've mentioned your remote may be faulty, can you tell me a bit more about what the remote is doing when you try to navigate through the TV guide? Is it not responding at all even after new batteries?

Thanks, 

Megan_L