Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 remote does not fully control samsung tv

Nickopalidis
Tuning in

Hi,

I have just upgraded to 360. 

I have a Samsung Q90t TV.

The samsung remote no longer controls the virgin box. 

The 360 remote controls the tv sound, sound bar and the source select options on the tv but when I go into an app e.g. youtube, the 360 remote stops controlling the tv.

So I have to use both remotes, the 360 to control the virgin box and the samsung to control the samsung apps.

Has anyone else had and hopefully solved this issue?

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

Hi,

Just tried the below and it has worked, I can now change channels and navigate around using the samsung remote. There are still a couple of things that don't quite work but that's to be expected. Hopefully samsung will update it at some point

Thank you for the advice, it is really appreciated 

Nick

Hi,

Can you explain what you did please because I'm in the same boat. 

Thanks 

Hi,

I Unplugged my hdmi from virging to the tv and left for about 5 mins so, plugged it back in so that it prompted to set up vitgin again.  Entered all my details back in

1) select satellite box > tv directly

2) enter your postcode

3) select virgin

4) select hdmi that your virgin box is connected to

5) hit channel up and select no for 3 or 5 times. After that it will offer you to search for model of your box manually.

Once it asked me to search manually instead of using virgin, I used pace then entered the model as dcr7111

That worked for me anyway. After a bit of playing, I figured out how to control everything with the remote, even the profiles

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for posting your support Nickopalidis,

Has that been any help for you @valleyboy22?

Thanks,

Kain

Not tried it yet so fingers crossed it works