cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 remote clicking

Thriftycatz
Tuning in

Anyone know how to switch off the “clicking” noise on the 360 remote. It’s driving me mad when the other half surfs …. 

9 REPLIES 9

roy247
Community elder

Hi Thriftycatz,

The 360 remote doesn't make a clicking sound unless one or more of the buttons is catching on the case, my round unidirectional button sometimes clicks when going in the down direction but I can cure it by using something very thin just to ease the button up, sometimes it just stops on it's own, possibly if I start going up the tv guide.

Unfortunately ours must be a rogue device then as ALL the buttons make a loud clicking sound. 

Is that mechanically clicking or through the audio, tv, soundbar ?

Mechanically clicking on the remote 

Hi there @Thriftycatz, welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see you are having the annoying clicking sound on the remote, I am just a little bit confused as to what you mean by this though. Do you mean the sound is on the actual remote when using the buttons or on the TV via the audio output?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

The sound is coming from the remote. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Is this happening when you press buttons? Or when it is sat doing nothing @Thriftycatz

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Just when we press the buttons, all the buttons not just some.  

Hi @Thriftycatz

I can order you a new remote control if you would like?

I will send you a private message now.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide