cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 recordings buffering

rcslee
Joining in

We’ve had loads if problems since our box was upgraded from V6 to 360. The latest is that our second box is buffering our recordings. Anyone help? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In which case testing VoD on the same box is a good test of whether the 360 <---> Hub connection is part of the cause.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is your second box a 360 mini, if so it doesn't have a hard drive but streams all recordings from your master box.

Following that theory on, can you view OnDemand using the second box OK? It uses the same 360 <---> Homehub connection.

How are your 2 x 360 connected to your home-hub, are they Ethernet cable or wireless?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Catch up and everything else plays fine. Wi-Fi connected. Not mini. 

roy247
Community elder

I assume this is only happening when you are trying to watch recordings from the other box, with 360 you need to make sure both boxes are set to fast start or active start and you can also specify which boxes the recordings are saved on.

Thanks for the tip - I’ll check. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It would also be useful - for troubleshooting purposes - to know if the buffering "recordings" are being played from the local HDD or are streaming via the router. Different advice applies for each scenario.

They were recorded on the ‘other’ box. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In which case testing VoD on the same box is a good test of whether the 360 <---> Hub connection is part of the cause.

VoD ??

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VoD = Video onDemand