cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 "switch" from V6 not possible from VM account.

Ashg
Superfast

The following is a cut and paste from the VM site "1. Switch to 360: Sign in on My Virgin Media. Follow the prompts to upgrade your TV package.
2. Get everything you need in the post: To replace all TiVo boxes: a new 360 box and remote for each. Or download 360 onto the V6 boxes you already have: a new 360 remote for each."

I have also found a number of external sites that say it's possible to change from V6 to 360 via your VM account, yet it is clearly not. I have pointed this out to VM via complaints but have had no reply.

Yes I could phone them but why not say it's possible to do this when it is clearly not.

Could someone from VM please reply. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey Ashg, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to see you have been having some issues upgrading to a new deal.

I can see from our side you have recently been talking to the team about this issues, have they managed to get this resolved for you? 

I can also help you with your complaint, I will send you a PM. Please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

Ashg
Superfast

I tried to contact VM about this via WhatsApp and still waiting for a reply after 4 hours ☹️

Ashg
Superfast

I've been trying WhatsApp from 8.00 am this morning and did in the end get through about 9.00am . I didn't get the answer I liked so got put through to customer services where I asked my question and had no reply and was somehow cut off 😠. I'm now waiting again to be put through. This has to be the worst service I have come across in my life! 😡   

Now made a complaint via my account because the operator would not give me a price for a new contact with an upgrade to the TV. Undeliverable I'm lost for words. 😡

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The two requests are separate though.

1: You want to convert from V6 > TV360. This often comes with a charge for the remotes

2: You want to renegotiate your package.

Sometimes the conversion fee is waived if you request a conversion at the same time, but otherwise the two processes are separate.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashg
Superfast

My contact is out of date and I wanted to get a better price and upgrade the TV part of my package. I got in touch with customer services who offered me a lower price for my present package.

I said that's great but I wish to upgrade the TV part of it and wanted a good price for that. I had no luck getting it across that I didn't want the deal offered because it didn't upgrade my TV as asked.

Is it not possible to upgrade the TV part of the package and take out  a new contract, or do I have to leave and start over as I ended up saying to the operator.  It seems that  the options are leave or take the same package for 18 months that I don't want, I or leave and start again which is madness.. This cannot be right!

I have made a complaint to VM about this which can take 29 days for a reply! Is there an outside body I can also take my complaint too?  I'm now stuck in no man's land and very upset with the whole experience    

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Depends what you have now & what you wanted to be upgraded too.

As you haven't given details it is difficult to advise.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I have maxit tv and asked for the big bundle plus drama and docs.

I was also told if I cancel to upgrade my package the equipment will be taken away and I cannot open a new account for 90 days.

Seems madness just to up date a few channels 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ashg wrote:

I have maxit tv and asked for the big bundle plus drama and docs.

That's not an upgrade. Maxit is the top-tier of TV bundles, "Big Bundle" is based on Mixit (which is the base layer), and you're adding on two personal-picks.