cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 problems with playback and recording

53belleami
Tuning in

Hello, my v6 box was upgraded to 360 to a few months ago and I have had endless problems. First it would not let me catch up on itv or channel 4 with an error message cs2518 so I decided to record programs instead. Now it won’t let me record anything and just says failed recording each time I try. Can anyone offer any advice please.

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you getting any error messages with recordings? You've mentioned CS2518 with some OnDemand services - is that still happening?

Incidentally, there's no difference between ITV OnDemand, C4 OnDemand, or any other broadcaster - except for the BBC which uses the iPlayer app, the underlying technology being used is the same for all OnDemand.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello, thank you for replying. I have had the error message CS2518 for months now when I try to catch up on itv or channel 4 .  I can watch on I player but it makes me sign in every time which is rather annoying. No error message with the recording just a failed recording message when I try to watch. Think I will have to contact virgin again but four phone calls so far has not resolved the issue.

Hi @52belleami, welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear you were having issues with your TV service. I can see that you have been in touch with us since last posting, and the issue appears to have been resolved - are you still having any issues?

Let us know if so, and we will do our best to help. 
All the best. 

Molly

Thanks Molly to problems now resolved only problem left now is my wi fi showing weak security and that the network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic. Have you any suggestions as the lady on the phone could not help.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I would suggest starting a new post, with all the details, in the WiFi section of this forum - click here 

Other users who can help with wireless & broadband issues might not spot your post in this TV section.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi 53belleami,

Thanks for updating us on your resolved issue.

As posted by @japitts, I can see you opened a new thread for this issue and it was resolved also.

If you do have any more queries at all then please don't hesitate to contact us again!

Thanks,

Kain