cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 problems after conversion

sousie27
On our wavelength

Hi all, apologies in advance for rambling but I could really use some help.

V6 box started playing up a couple of months ago, Started with stuttering on recordings & pause/restart on live tv & shutting down & restarting randomly. Sometimes live tv would stick, become unresponsive to the remote & then carry on again. Couple of weeks ago the random restarts started happening more often so I called to book an engineer visit & at the same time accepted a new contract to upgrade to 360.  The engineer booking was left in place for last Tuesday & the new kit was to arrive the next day. He checked everything & deduced it was a fault with the box but as I was under the impression (wrongly) that I was to receive a new one the next day plus a 360 mini box to replace the tivo box upstairs, the box was left where it was.
When the kit arrived, I realised that it was the existing v6 box that would be converted to 360, the engineer said that it was ok to do it because it was a software fault with the box. I converted the box with no problems, it seemed to work well & I confirmed I was happy with it.

This lasted until 2 days ago when it started becoming a bit sluggish at times, particularly when loading the guide. Amazon Prime has failed to load twice with a blank grey screen, & Netflix caused a crash on exit. These were only fixed by a restart, two of which wiped out my recordings. Also, the BBC iplayer won't stay logged in. None of these issues happen on the mini box which is working well.

Hope I can get some help with this. The update doesn't seem to have fixed the issues with this box & it's pretty annoying to be stuck with it on my main tv when the one upstairs seems to be working perfectly.

Grateful for any help, thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @sousie27 

It's very possible that it's a box fault, however it may also be due to dsignals or HDMI connections.

Try swapping the mini box over with the main box

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

roy247
Community elder

Hi sousie27,

If you are still having problems with stuttering on recordings and paused live TV then that would indicate that the hard drive has a problem and you need a replacement box, doing the 360 'upgrade' would have reformatted the hard drive and may have temporarily buried the problem.

Unfortunately this will mean another 150 phone call which will be your quickest option.

Roy

sousie27
On our wavelength

Many thanks both for your replies. I was thinking of swapping the boxes but wasn't sure if that was ok.

In the meantime I tried Amazon Prime again which promptly crashed.  On restart it stayed on the welcome screen for much longer than usual & then I got error code cs6001 "can't find hard drive & problem with storage device in tv box". It has also wiped all recordings from both boxes.

Looks like another call to 150.

Sue

Sorry for the issues you've experienced @sousie27

I understand you've been able to speak to a member of our team since your post, do you have any updates for us on this matter?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

sousie27
On our wavelength

Hi David

Thanks for replying.

Yes, the engineer has been today & replaced the faulty box. He was very thorough & checked everything before he left. There is a slight drop in signal which is going to be sorted at some point, although this is unnoticeable as far as I’m concerned. He very kindly came back to explain everything. The new box is working fine.

Sue