cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 picture artefacts / poor quality

flurians
Tuning in

Hi all.

New VM Ultimate Oomph customer and just got my 360 boxes installed today. Love the interface, but I'm noticing that the HD picture quality is atrocious, in that it is barely distinguishable from SD. This goes for all channels and is the same regardless of my TV settings, so I'm sure it's a box issue. I am not talking about picture breakup, but constant blurriness and blockiness, esp. on Sky/BT Sports.

This has been mentioned a good few times now on this forum and several people seem to have had these issues resolved by "boosting the signal" to their homes. Is this a thing? If so, how could I get someone to look into this?

Any help appreciated.

Regards

21 REPLIES 21

Okay, so I had an engineer out and he could not detect any faults, although he did mess around with the wiring which has improved things to an extent.

With the box set to 1080i, the picture is decent, but this means I cannot watch 4K. What we really need is a passthrough option like TiVo had. Wonder whether this is planned for a future update?

Thanks

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Moring morning @flurians

Sorry to hear the engineer couldn't detect any major faults, but glad to hear he has improved it slightly. 

Hopefully we can work towards making this system better, we are constantly finding ways to improve our services so this should hopefully be one of the points that we look at. 

Thanks for pointing this out to us. 

If you do have any further issues, please do let us know. 

Have a fab day, 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide