cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 pack

Bg1529
Tuning in

Just received my 360 pack instructions are to connect ethernet cable from router to v6 box. Is this necessary? As at present my router is in a bedroom and not near a tv or v6 box which are downstairs.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your V6 is software-converted to a TV360, so however it's connected now, will be exactly the same. Co-ax for live TV, and Ethernet/WiFi for the internet.

Your TiVo will have co-ax existing which the new mini-box will also use. The difference is the mini-box will need its own internet connection also - either Ethernet or WiFi.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No its just preferred, you can do wifi also

roy247
Community elder

Are you upgrading 1 or 2 V6 boxes to 360 and have just received new remotes or are you adding a mini box.

If you only have 1 V6 box and are upgrading it to 360 then your current configuration should be OK with the box connected by wifi.

If that's not the case then if you could provide more info you can get a more informed answer.

Thanks very much. That's a good help.

Thanks for the reply. I currently have a router upstairs on its own fed by a white virgin cable. I have a v6 box also fed by a similar cable and a older TiVo box in another room red by the same type of cable. My new kit is to replace the router\hub, convert the v6 to a 360 and swap out the TiVo for a new 360 box. The only bit confusing me is connecting the hub to the v6 using Ethernet cable  when they are in different rooms. Hope this explains it better.

Cheers 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your V6 is software-converted to a TV360, so however it's connected now, will be exactly the same. Co-ax for live TV, and Ethernet/WiFi for the internet.

Your TiVo will have co-ax existing which the new mini-box will also use. The difference is the mini-box will need its own internet connection also - either Ethernet or WiFi.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The relevant page from the installation guide:

05434434-3006-4731-9F8B-6ADC1FDE26FD.jpeg

Thanks a lot. But just to be clear. Can the mini 360 also be connected using the white cable currently used for the tivo?

Brilliant. How did I miss that? 😂

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The mini box must be connected to the co-ax previously used for the TiVo and also to the Hub by Ethernet or WiFi.