cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 offline or not connecting

gthind51
On our wavelength

My 360 and mini box was installed 5 days ago now it will not play some recordings. Also it isn’t deleting programmes.
The message onscreen says the box is offline. I have spent 3 hours on the phone to VM but they can’t see what the issue is. Connectivity is showing fine. Help someone please. It is becoming very frustrating now.

We’ve had untold issues since this was installed. Prior to this VM deleted our V6 boxes without our instruction, then we lost all viewing services completely. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Try a factory reset of both boxes if you haven't already.  You won't lose any recordings or settings but you'll need to sign into Netflix etc. again. 

Home>Settings>System>Factory Reset

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The VM Forum Team maybe able to help with your primary issue.

Your final sentence makes no sense. VM could not have changed the V6 firmware to the TV360 firmware unless you asked them to do so by responding to their email invitation, following which they would have sent you the new remote controls and added the firmware change app to the V6 boxes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

Adding to what Graham said, if you have a 360 box and a mini box, then you would have had your V6 boxes replaced, and as the recordings are on the V6 boxes they are unfortunately gone.

gthind51
On our wavelength

Firstly it would’ve be great to have an answer to my main issue regarding the offline message.

Regarding my final sentence as you refer to making ‘No sense’. Grab a cup of tea here goes. 

I was sent new remote controls and upon receipt I called and spoke to 3 different advisors to check if the change over would take place after 5 days as stated in the email. I was advised categorically, No.          I was also informed that I would receive 2 new boxes and not to worry as the change over to 360 wouldn’t take place until my say so. At 4am, 5days later my boxes switched on and the change over took place! I lost the 60% of my saved recordings!!

I requested to revert back to V6 due to all the teething issues and was advised that I would have to be sent reconditioned V6 boxes. I received only 1 box on the 23/12 instead of 2. I attempted to call VM but after a long wait I gave up, after all people are working from home and things are bad enough out there so why trouble them. 
Christmas night we lost all tv signal to our main box. The screen was completely blank.  I eventually got that sorted. The same thing happened again on New Years Eve morning. It took for Me to suggest reinstalling my old V6 box that had converted to the 360 signal to enable any viewing experience. 
An engineer came on the 4th Jan installed a new 360 box along with the mini and that’s where I leave you, with my posted question seeking help ....... 360 box offline or not connected. 
Hope this now makes sense to you. 

If anyone would like to answer the question please do and don’t waste your time commenting on the events that got me here. Thank you. 

ok is both the mini box and master box connected to the internet?
if on wifi do you have sufficient signal?

Please let us know.

Thanks 

Yes they are bothered connected to the internet and the signal stretch is excellent. I have today rebooted the hub 4. All connections are in order. 
Thank you 

Try a factory reset of both boxes if you haven't already.  You won't lose any recordings or settings but you'll need to sign into Netflix etc. again. 

Home>Settings>System>Factory Reset

gthind51
On our wavelength

Hi I followed your advice and also spoke to someone this afternoon. 
Now my box won’t record and showing the following codes. I am at a loss  

CS5600

CS2401

Hi,

With all the box swapping I was wondering if your new boxes have been activated correctly. I don't know if this will prove anything but if you use the TVGO app on your pc and click on settings, then click on recordings, it will show you the serial numbers of your 2 boxes, you can then check this with box serial numbers by pressing the Home button on your remote and then Settings and then Info, then About, the serial number is listed there. If these don't match it could be a starting point.

gthind51
On our wavelength

Thank you Roy, I’ll have a look at that. Also  I have an engineer scheduled for next week.