cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 no sound

alanch610
Tuning in
  • I'm having a problem with my box on a Toshiba TV it won't play sound it used to but not anymore. An engineer called changed the box still has the issue he says it's a firmware update on the TV  so is virgin going to fix the issue or do all the Toshiba owners replace the TV service from virgin to one that works with Toshiba.

Anyone from virgin want to tell us when the issue is going to be fixed?

20 REPLIES 20

No, we have read your original post, and know what the issue is, the firmware update from Toshiba.

There have been no other reports of issues on this forum, only you and the engineer. This suggests that it is only affecting a very small number of models, something that Virgin won't be interested in, especially if it is fixed by changing the sound settings.

I suggest you look at Toshiba forums (try AV forums) to see if others are experiencing the same issues and go to Toshiba to get a fix.

A similar story happend with a Samsung TV a while back, the forum member contacted Samsung and they fixed the issue whilst on the phone.

There was also an issue last year with Philips TVs and Disney +, where 4k content would only play in HD, again nothing to do with Disney, in the end it was fixed by Philips updating their firmware.

So to reiterate, Virgin won't fix it, as originally suggested, go to Toshiba.

Actually another Toshiba TV owner had the problem on this site as the engineer had a look I will contact Toshiba but wonder if it's just 360 users are having the issue I have had nothing but issues since changing over so in my view the 360 software is not fully tested and we are the the test subjects

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Show me all the reports and prove me wrong?

If there were thousands of Toshibas no longer working due to an update how come the page isnt flooded with posts?

Sometimes technicians just say whatever sounds plausible to get out your house. If it is a firmware issue, which I don't believe it is, it would be up to Toshiba to fix not Virgin, so your better spending your efforts with your TV manufactrer.

Tell you what you show me where I say thousands of reports and I'll show you how to search the forum

Just getting back to the fault, if you are connected to HDMI 1 this will be a HDMI-ARC connector try connecting to a different HDMI non ARC connector if you haven't already tried that.

Hi thank you I will check and try it thank you

And try searching 360 sound issues think you will find a few I just did

I spoke to Toshiba so any one has this problem they suggested a factory reset of the TV I tried this and it seems to have worked.

If anyone needs to know the process they gave me let me know and I'll post it

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've had to reset the Toshiba in the kitchen in the past.

Press the menu button > Installation menu and press enter >  Reset TV and press OK > Highlight Yes and press the OK button to confirm the factory data reset.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I said that was the issue on the second post and you said you tried it