cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 no sound

alanch610
Tuning in
  • I'm having a problem with my box on a Toshiba TV it won't play sound it used to but not anymore. An engineer called changed the box still has the issue he says it's a firmware update on the TV  so is virgin going to fix the issue or do all the Toshiba owners replace the TV service from virgin to one that works with Toshiba.

Anyone from virgin want to tell us when the issue is going to be fixed?

20 REPLIES 20

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is a fault with just your TV, try doing a factory reset of your tv via your TV remote menu system

Already tried as I said the engineer tried as well he said it's an update done by Toshiba which is why I ask when virgin is going update their software to accommodate Toshiba TV's otherwise all Toshiba owners will have the same problem as me

Sounds like an issue with the Toshiba firmware update, I'd say you should take it up with Toshiba rather than expect Virgin to fix it.

It's going to be an issue with other TV's as well so simpler for virgin to get their software to work with all TV's at this stage.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi alanch610,

What's the model number of the Toshiba TV?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

It's 8541

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again alanch610,

CT-8541?  That's the remote control model number.

The model number should be on the back of the TV.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Nobody else on here reporting this issue, not convinced its a Widespread issue

It was the engineer who told me of a report on here who has the same issue so I guess your wrong with no others reporting an issue also another make of TV has an issue that had a firmware update so 2 makes of TV same issue think I see a pattern forming however the other TV was cured by switching off the Dolby sound so seems not very observant I don't come on here very often I assumed people where going to at least have an idea but so far seem not to read the original post or simply have no idea